Dahua 4MP IP Camera setting look poor

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Post screenshots of all your settings. I know there is one, I think EIC or something like that that will turn off the infrared or keep the filter in place and make it really dark.

At night, are you able to see the red infrared glow if you look right at the camera?
Yeh the camera has massive IRs, when it detects something more of them turn on.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Then you are on zoom priority. Make them manual and far at 100.

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Then you are on zoom priority. Make them manual and far at 100.
When i do that its just a big white dot in the middle.
I've solved some of the darkness issue. My dahua monitor shows it really dark but my phone and my PC monitor shows it brighter. No ghosting with your settings so im happy with that.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When i do that its just a big white dot in the middle.
I've solved some of the darkness issue. My dahua monitor shows it really dark but my phone and my PC monitor shows it brighter. No ghosting with your settings so im happy with that.
It does depend on if your monitor is properly tuned or not.

Hans*2

n3wb
Reaction score
ik heb dan een Ik DH-SD6CE225U-HNI maar het volgen is nog een dingetje hij volgd maar een 10-15 sec en gaat dan weer staan met deze config zie foto's

een betere instelling misschien

Attachments

golden_cam

n3wb
Reaction score
@wittaj I have a similar problem as mentioned in the beginning of the thread - a new setup of Dahua cameras and a the EmpireTech NVR 4-EI Series.
I can't seem to be getting a crisp image through the NVR, as am I able to get through the viewing directly through the camera (8MP).
I'll post a few pictures, for reference, for what I am viewing on the NVR and what I am able to view on the camera.
To establish a baseline, before taking the images I configured the bitrate for the camera through the NVR, then connected to the camera using its designated IP, and ensured the settings were the same.

Any idea what I might be missing?

Attachments

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
@wittaj I have a similar problem as mentioned in the beginning of the thread - a new setup of Dahua cameras and a the EmpireTech NVR 4-EI Series.
I can't seem to be getting a crisp image through the NVR, as am I able to get through the viewing directly through the camera (8MP).
I'll post a few pictures, for reference, for what I am viewing on the NVR and what I am able to view on the camera.
To establish a baseline, before taking the images I configured the bitrate for the camera through the NVR, then connected to the camera using its designated IP, and ensured the settings were the same.

Any idea what I might be missing?

1- Dont use h.265, use h.264.h
2- on the 2nd NVR image you are using digital zoom on the copped image. Digital zoom creates distortion. Show both images at full resolution un-cropped and they will be the same

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

golden_cam

n3wb
Reaction score
1- Dont use h.265, use h.264.h
2- on the 2nd NVR image you are using digital zoom on the copped image. Digital zoom creates distortion. Show both images at full resolution un-cropped and they will be the same
I don't know about the encoding differences. I will look into that.
I should clarify that the subpar quality I am seeing is only while using the NVR's web interface.
When connecting to the camera's web interface (any of the cameras), I get the expected high quality stream.
I get the same expected high quality streaming when connecting a monitor to the NVR (using an HDMI cable to be extra verbatim).
@bigredfish regarding your concern for distortion due to digital zoom, I am attaching a couple more images. One was taken using the camera's web interface and the other using the NVR's web interface I. took both by viewing the stream across the entire viewport. I hope this helps clarifying the problem. NOTE, I should state the obvious - the 4k video stream has to be mapped by the browser to the lower resolution of my macbook air. Just to put it out of the way, this scale down I just mentioned is not the culprit.
@looney2ns, I have tried adjusting the substream quality but there was no change.

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah I think you're lookng at the substream on the NVR

No idea how you're capturing those or what your settings on the NVR are, lots of missing info

Last edited:

golden_cam

n3wb
Reaction score
I found the solution. In short, it indeed has to do with substreams ( see image)
In the NVR Live veiw, next to each camera on the left pane, there is a small selector when hovered that allows one to pick which stream is projected.
Being a newb, I assumed that when watching in the split view (grid) mode, where all cameras are displayed, the NVR automatically streams the substream, and when focusing on an individual camera, it uses the main stream. I was obviously wrong.
Thank you everyone for your extended support

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
.View attachment 191463
I have set up the camera according to the instructions but it is dark what should I change ? IR is off. And day/night is color. Camera is IPC-HFW5241T-ASE
In that case you don't have enough light to run color.

You need to add more visible light if you want color.

If the shutter is any slower then motion will be a blur.