Dahua 4k 12mp IPC-HDBW81230E-Z sample videos 12mp@20fps

sunny0101786

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Finally I was able to find the way to share the videos from my driveway 4k camera via Dropbox. All the files are in .DAV format. General_Player_Eng_WIN32_V3.41.0 is included in Dropbox folder if someone needs the file player.
My camera settings are as listed below
Encode Mode H.265
Smart Codec Off
Resolution 4000*3000
Frame rate(FPS) 20
Bit Rate Type CBR
Reference Bit Rate 1024-7680Kb/S
Bit Rate 6144 (now i changed the Bit Rate to 7680) i don’t know if there would be any benefit from that change
I Frame Interval 150
Recorded on Samsung Evo+128gb micro sd card triggered from tripwire events.

Download here to review the sample videos:
Dropbox - Camera Recordings

Last edited:

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
o that looks very nice, the night footage is the only one i have viewed.
still using the camera its own recording software ?
I want to know how it performs in blueiris and what it does with 12mp and the resolution.

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i will probably just buy it , and hope its a bit friendly to my cpu.
Running now 14mp at 15 Fps and using about 3 til 5 % cpu.

I actually hoped the openings angle of the lens would be a bit wider so i could cover more , think i need 2 of them.
the night image is very nice and detailed, there is some light on the streets right ?
The snow is helping allot , do you happen to have some footage at night where there are little to no lights, and how is it in color at night time ?

sunny0101786

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
right now infront of my house is full of snow, i would wait until snow is melted. night vision is not good as my 2MP IPC-HFW8232E-Z.

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was thinking first to buy 2 of those, but they are not as sharp as the 4k camera.
Maybe its better to use some LED floodlights if a movement sensor detects movement on my property and then switch those on.
Use 1 IR flood light coming from above to light up at night when there is no detection but still a reasonable image.

Thanks .

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ooh wauw , thats very clear !
Think ill buy 1 of these first ;) haha
still have a hdw5231r-z laying around , use this as well to cover more space if needed.