Dahua 4208-8P NVR Fails To Get Dahua Camera Configurations

ben_r_

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm having an issue with a new video surveillance setup that I can't figure out. The NVR is a Dahua NVR4208-8P and I'm having the issue with multiple models/styles of brand new 4MP Dahua IP cameras. In the Settings section for the Audio/Video options for the cameras I get the error shown in the attached image no matter what channel I select. Swapping different model cameras to different channels makes no difference. I simply cannot see or change any of the Audio/Video settings for any camera connected to this NVR. I have tried all the same cameras on my Q-See / Dahua NVR and have no issue with them, so I'm sure it's not the cameras. Everything else I've setup in this NVR seems to be working fine.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Attachments

ben_r_

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just to add a followup to this thread, I was able to fix the problem by upgrading the firmware on the NVR. I used v3.200 that I found at Nelly's Security (LINK) and it worked flawlessly. I also found a newer version directly from Dahua which was a version 3.202 (LINK) but decided not to chance it since version 3.200 seems to work fine.

Hope this helps someone.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that I've run into this on my 4208-8p too. I got it figured out without updating the nvr but it's good to know there's an update. Mostly I hesitate because it seems a good deal of dahua nvr's have quite a bug which makes them reboot big time. I suspect it's more current firmwares causing it. So, I'm actually riding out the older firmware which seems to be problem free in that respect. Just a precaution at this point until such time that something might force me to update.

ben_r_

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that I've run into this on my 4208-8p too. I got it figured out without updating the nvr but it's good to know there's an update. Mostly I hesitate because it seems a good deal of dahua nvr's have quite a bug which makes them reboot big time. I suspect it's more current firmwares causing it. So, I'm actually riding out the older firmware which seems to be problem free in that respect. Just a precaution at this point until such time that something might force me to update.
I tend to wait on updating firmware too on any device. This one was just causing too many issues that I couldnt explain so I figured I'd give it a shot. Thankfully so far it seems to have fixed everything. Only time will tell if it introduced any new ones.