Dahua 3mp fixed eyeballs

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
since the prices have come down, I'm starting to use the 3mp more often now. Here is a sample from todays install.

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard01-123.jpg

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah they're great right? That's what I chose for most of my cameras too. It's a no brainer now to just get 3mp. Night shots?

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, the price is lower if you order more, so I ordered two cases. I'm paying almost the same as I pay for the 1.3mp's from my local guy. I'd rather pay slightly more per camera and get better digital zoom for my customer, and make just alittle less profit. Out of the two cases, I have 2 left right now. I should be ordering another two cases this week.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Very cool. Yeah, the increase in resolution does pay off. I like that these cameras IR isn't too crazy strong too. I like the 4300C but that suckers IR just might be strong enough to see through you, lol! That's why I ultimately went with the 4300S for most of the cameras. The IR does the job without blasting too much, as evidenced from your pic.

IPCamDude

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Forgive the n00b question but what is the difference between the fixed eye and the Dahua bullet 3MP cameras? From a design perspective why do you choose the HDW-4300S vs the HFW-4300S? Does one do better in certain situations versus the other? Thanks!

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think the bullets are easier for a bad guy to turn if they just push it and they look like older type cameras. Years ago, we installed nothing but bullets. The eyeballs look more modern and cosmetically more pleasing for residential. Performance wise, I think they are the same.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They call bullet cameras Piñatas here. Half the cameras at home are Piñatas and the eyeball cameras are a great compromise between bullets and vandal domes.