Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Was looking at purchasing 1 of these but as it will be installed about 22’ up was wondering if there were any updates on reliability of these (relating specifically to the frequent resets people have discussed) as having to manually reset in this install location would really push a lot of extra exercise :)

Also I know you use the wall bracket with these but due to having to run schedule 40 up to this install location can I mount the wall bracket onto a Lorex S1JF2G junction box ?

Thanks

SAVideoman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I bought mine a couple of months ago and it's been running reliably. But there's been 2 times the camera went offline. The first time I just pulled and reinserted the Ethernet cable from the switch and it came back fine. The second time it restarted itself after a few minutes. So far I'm happy with mine.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Does the SD49225T come with the wall mount and can I mount that to a S1JF2G junction box ?

dabossc7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone using the PFA feature and what zoom speed does yours work best with it

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone using the PFA feature and what zoom speed does yours work best with it
Using PFA on my SD6CE225U-HNI and love it. Currently set at PTZ of medium and zoom speed of max (100). Tried it at 40-60 as well and worked nicely.

Last edited:

TrailRider

n3wb
Reaction score
I have had this camera running for a while and it has not dropped connection to BI, rebooted or failed which is nice. I am, however, a little underwhelmed for the price. It replaced an infamous Huisun which failed, but while it was working it did a better job than this Dahua, and being much smaller, it was a lot less obvious. I could easily see to the property corner at night with the Huisun which is about 300' away. With this Dahua it is a no go. It seems as if the infrared illuminators are pointing too far down because I can see the ground at the bottom of the picture and if I tilt up it throws the illumination farther, but the rest of the picture is dark. Has anyone else noticed this and or is there some way to adjust the aim? Also it appears there is no way to view live video from the html interface, as there is on every other camera I have. It says to enable flash, but clicking on it does nothing and I have flash enabled in Chrome. This isn't too big of a deal, as gDMSS and BI both work. I would like to get the infrared aligned though if anyone has suggestions.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have had this camera running for a while and it has not dropped connection to BI, rebooted or failed which is nice. I am, however, a little underwhelmed for the price. It replaced an infamous Huisun which failed, but while it was working it did a better job than this Dahua, and being much smaller, it was a lot less obvious. I could easily see to the property corner at night with the Huisun which is about 300' away. With this Dahua it is a no go. It seems as if the infrared illuminators are pointing too far down because I can see the ground at the bottom of the picture and if I tilt up it throws the illumination farther, but the rest of the picture is dark. Has anyone else noticed this and or is there some way to adjust the aim? Also it appears there is no way to view live video from the html interface, as there is on every other camera I have. It says to enable flash, but clicking on it does nothing and I have flash enabled in Chrome. This isn't too big of a deal, as gDMSS and BI both work. I would like to get the infrared aligned though if anyone has suggestions.
any modern version of chrome will not load the plugin even on your failed camera. You must use IE or other alternatives discussed in NPAPI threads.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It says to enable flash, but clicking on it does nothing and I have flash enabled in Chrome. This isn't too big of a deal, as gDMSS and BI both work. I would like to get the infrared aligned though if anyone has suggestions.
In chrome, open the page for a camera/nvr then click where it says "not secure" (where the padlock would be on an https page). If flash shows up you can change the setting there otherwise click "site settings" and set flash to allow. You may still have to click on the flash element to get it to load.

This will only work on cameras or nvrs that are using flash.

TrailRider

n3wb
Reaction score
any modern version of chrome will not load the plugin even on your failed camera. You must use IE or other alternatives discussed in NPAPI threads.
You're right about the latest Chrome. Back when I first set up the cameras you could still enable NPAPI, but that is now gone. The thing I wish there was an answer for is the lousy IR range. I believe the IR is not aimed the same place the lens is, as it looks quite bright at the very bottom of the image.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
They need to move away from flash in their apps. Flash is to be discontinued entirely in 2020. I believe JAVA is also going onto a paid subscription use format for end users. Unless manufacturers start to transition Apps to HTML5 or similar, there are a whole host of problems on the horizon.

TrailRider

n3wb
Reaction score
They need to move away from flash in their apps. Flash is to be discontinued entirely in 2020. I believe JAVA is also going onto a paid subscription use format for end users. Unless manufacturers start to transition Apps to HTML5 or similar, there are a whole host of problems on the horizon.
Absolutely! The old ways are dead or dieing. Maybe something like AAC in MP4?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Show us a picture of what you are describing from the cam.
Are all exposure settings still on auto?

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Does anybody use the idle function with this cam?
Mine is configured to move to a specific preset after 5 minutes. If I manually move the cam with PTZ control, even to a preset, the idle function does work properly.
If the cam is triggered by the NVR to go to a preset the idle function doesn’t work anymore, until I manually control the PTZ.
Did anybody experience the same problem?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mine is configured to move to a specific preset after 5 minutes. If I manually move the cam with PTZ control, even to a preset, the idle function does work properly.
If the cam is triggered by the NVR to go to a preset the idle function doesn’t work anymore, until I manually control the PTZ.
Does a similar setting exist in the NVR interface?

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The camera web interface and nvr interface may both have an idle function.
They may not behave the same.
Is didn’t find an idle function in the NVRs GUI or WebUI. The idle function is only configured in the Cams WebUI. For my understanding it should always do the idle function if there was no move within the last 5 minutes, no matter if the motion was triggered manually or by the NVR. For me there’s no difference if I use iDMSS to go to the preset, or if an IVS event does the trigger. But my Dahua has another understanding.
Would be nice if someone else could test this behavior in his environment.

Reaction score
I experience this problem, but not with this camera. It happens with the PTZ1A225U-IRA-N 2MP and it started after I had issues with the SD card. I still have not updated any firmware in any of my cams for well over a year. So none of this should be firmware related.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I use the idle function it works as I think it should. So with this setting I have posted here, it will return home (preset 1) after 30 minutes of NO movement of the cam no matter what position I leave it in.

Annotation 2019-02-28 075215.jpg