Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

fhfh

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi btonbadger
I have a sd49225t and only "stream" and "zoom" works on a synologie with surveillance station version 8.2.0.5717.
The functions pan and turn doesn't work. The driver ist onvif.
Do you have some success in the meanwhile?
Update

I first had the sd49225t integrated under the previous version 8.0. Now I reconfigured the sd49225t with the new version 8.2.0.5717 again and it worked. I now have all PTZ functions.:)

btonbadger

n3wb
Reaction score
Update

I first had the sd49225t integrated under the previous version 8.0. Now I reconfigured the sd49225t with the new version 8.2.0.5717 again and it worked. I now have all PTZ functions.:)
Brilliant thanks for confirmation, I'll get one ordered!

Btonbadger

JoeShmo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Didn't even last a year.
Purchased this camera about a year ago, had to be rebooted about every month, until finally, I can no longer power it up. Have tried 4 POEs when initially testing, but only one would keep it powered up. So I'm hoping its just a matter of needing a better POE. Using about 150ft of outdoor cat5. What has been a solid POE for this?
So far, I've tried:
iCreatin 56V, 35 watt 802.3af/at - No link, when camera is plugged in, the poe light blinks.. meaning there is a problem.
ubiquity POE-48-24W - No Link, also POE blinks when camera is plugged in, but expected because of how low the wattage is.
ITE 48V 30Watt - power light stays amber, no link (it should go green, indicating power active)
Brocade 48 port switch (that has 6 other cameras) - when first setup, camera powered up for about 5 seconds, then reboots. (port goes into overload state, since this is ancient firmware on the switch)
Connecting back to the brocade, it ATTEMPTs to power up, so I'm hoping the camera is still good. Its just that none of my el-cheapo injectors will power it. I figured that 35watt one would do it, but perhaps it's lying about it's output.

Suggestions?
Edit: Did a few searches, like I should have in the first place, and ordered two injectors... the 40W Rosewill: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EDFTS9W/ and the BV-Tech 30W Poe+ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B4H00EO/
Also, read some reviews about my 35w icreatin. Apparently, it's very picky about what power the device requests, and how it requests it (adhering firmly to the standards?), so people have had a hard time making it deliver full power to some devices.

Its just odd that my "wifi-texas" HAD been powering it all along, but suddenly stopped. Although, its a passive 8 port midspan, so guessing it just shoved whatever power the device wanted to pull without actually negotiating.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't even last a year.
Purchased this camera about a year ago, had to be rebooted about every month, until finally, I can no longer power it up. Have tried 4 POEs when initially testing, but only one would keep it powered up. So I'm hoping its just a matter of needing a better POE. Using about 150ft of outdoor cat5. What has been a solid POE for this?
So far, I've tried:
iCreatin 56V, 35 watt 802.3af/at - No link, when camera is plugged in, the poe light blinks.. meaning there is a problem.
ubiquity POE-48-24W - No Link, also POE blinks when camera is plugged in, but expected because of how low the wattage is.
ITE 48V 30Watt - power light stays amber, no link (it should go green, indicating power active)
Brocade 48 port switch (that has 6 other cameras) - when first setup, camera powered up for about 5 seconds, then reboots. (port goes into overload state, since this is ancient firmware on the switch)
Connecting back to the brocade, it ATTEMPTs to power up, so I'm hoping the camera is still good. Its just that none of my el-cheapo injectors will power it. I figured that 35watt one would do it, but perhaps it's lying about it's output.

Suggestions?
Edit: Did a few searches, like I should have in the first place, and ordered two injectors... the 40W Rosewill: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EDFTS9W/ and the BV-Tech 30W Poe+ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B4H00EO/
Also, read some reviews about my 35w icreatin. Apparently, it's very picky about what power the device requests, and how it requests it (adhering firmly to the standards?), so people have had a hard time making it deliver full power to some devices.

Its just odd that my "wifi-texas" HAD been powering it all along, but suddenly stopped. Although, its a passive 8 port midspan, so guessing it just shoved whatever power the device wanted to pull without actually negotiating.
Sounds like a very possible cable issue.

JoeShmo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
PTZ camera back up and running, the BV-Tech 30W powered it up. The Rosewill 40W did not.
I'm wondering if its old firmware on the camera that's not negotiating power requirements properly, as the WifiTexas that powered it before force fed it (passive poe)..
Software Version 2.422.0000.0.R.4.2510, Build Date: 2016-09-21
WEB Version 3.2.1.379855
ONVIF Version 2.4.2
PTZ Version 3.00.42.RHNZ

mattwaddy

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok after much reading on this forum, i've decided to purchase this camera (SD49225T-HN) with the following supporting pieces.

POE+ Injector
Microphone
Corner Mount Bracket PFA151
Wall Mount Bracket PFA120

I'm hoping that all works out, as this is my first time buying a camera so be gentle with me :)

The only bit I'm not too sure on (even after reading posts) is how to power the microphone and camera. I understand I can buy a POE splitter, and then feed the microphone with pass through to the camera, but I've also read it's not possible to do it on a single cat5/6 run. Is that definitely the case? as it seems that maybe people have got it working with other cameras but maybe not this one due to the power required? Any help to get me over this last hurdle would be appreciated

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok after much reading on this forum, i've decided to purchase this camera (SD49225T-HN) with the following supporting pieces.

POE+ Injector
Microphone
Corner Mount Bracket PFA151
Wall Mount Bracket PFA120

I'm hoping that all works out, as this is my first time buying a camera so be gentle with me :)

The only bit I'm not too sure on (even after reading posts) is how to power the microphone and camera. I understand I can buy a POE splitter, and then feed the microphone with pass through to the camera, but I've also read it's not possible to do it on a single cat5/6 run. Is that definitely the case? as it seems that maybe people have got it working with other cameras but maybe not this one due to the power required? Any help to get me over this last hurdle would be appreciated
Camera will come with a 24vac power supply.
Delete the POE+ injector.
Run a 18awg cable line from the transformer to the camera.
Purchase something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000G0LL0W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Use this at the camera end to power the microphone.
Put transformer in a garage or such.

mattwaddy

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response, I was hoping to get away with a single cat6 run ideally, is the above the only way to achieve cam + mic?

I'll take a look at the wiring diagrams for the unit

Camera will come with a 24vac power supply.
Delete the POE+ injector.
Run a 18awg cable line from the transformer to the camera.
Purchase something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000G0LL0W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Use this at the camera end to power the microphone.
Put transformer in a garage or such.

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There was a thread about hacking the 12 volt INPUT to output power for external IR on a bullet camera. It involved shorting a diode to allow power flow OUT. This would be a warranty (and possibly camera) killing modification, but could conceivably make the camera's POE power an external mic.

Netstorm

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having a problem with the range of the IR.

I am running this off a poe+ asus switch and I am only getting about 100-150 feet of IR in the fields.

I may have 360 feet of cat6 cable instead of the 325. Would an extra 35 extra feet of cat6 reduce the IR power in half?

I could put an extender in between but they are a bit expensive so I want to make sure that will solve the problem first.

Thanks.

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm having a problem with the range of the IR.

I am running this off a poe+ asus switch and I am only getting about 100-150 feet of IR in the fields.

I may have 360 feet of cat6 cable instead of the 325. Would an extra 35 extra feet of cat6 reduce the IR power in half?

I could put an extender in between but they are a bit expensive so I want to make sure that will solve the problem first.

Thanks.
try a shorter run and see if the problem is still there

once you start getting up there in feet volts start droping

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Your IR settings are zoom priority or manual with a bias for more output long range vs short range IR, right?

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just browsing the forum.
Firstly, the 49225 does not come with a power supply, it’s the 24v ac ptzs that include a power supply.
Secondly, guykuo is correct and the length of the cat6 will make no difference to the IR distance.

Dave McKeen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The POE+ Power Splitter Died!

Hello! I have had an SD49225T-HN set up at the front of my house since September 2017. It’s powered by a POE+ injector. I don’t have it connected to an NVR. I’m just using the Microsoft Explorer plugin to manually scan the area.

About a week ago I lost the video feed. Yesterday, after the temperature here in the Dallas area dropped below 100°F, I swung open the power box the Starlight was mounted on and bypassed the power splitter. I got my video back! Yay!!

Question is, does anybody have a favorite power splitter they can recommend? One that has a chance of the Texas heat while cooped up in what is essentially an oven? (I do have a shade over it!) Oh, and a microphone recommendation?

Here’s what I have:

SMAKN® Active Gigabit PoE Splitter Adapter, IEEE 802.3at compliant, Up To 100 meters, 5V / 12V /18v Output, Amazon $36.90

TRENDnet TPE-115GI Gigabit PoE+ Injector, Standard: IEEE 802.3/3u/3ab, IEEE 802.3af/3a, Newegg $41.11

Microseven M7WP-MIC waterproof outdoor Microphone, Microseven $24.99

I don’t know the exact Dahua accessory part numbers because I can’t find my invoice from last September, but I am using the Dahua Waterproof Power box

Thanks, - Dave

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The POE+ Power Splitter Died!

Hello! I have had an SD49225T-HN set up at the front of my house since September 2017. It’s powered by a POE+ injector. I don’t have it connected to an NVR. I’m just using the Microsoft Explorer plugin to manually scan the area.

About a week ago I lost the video feed. Yesterday, after the temperature here in the Dallas area dropped below 100°F, I swung open the power box the Starlight was mounted on and bypassed the power splitter. I got my video back! Yay!!

Question is, does anybody have a favorite power splitter they can recommend? One that has a chance of the Texas heat while cooped up in what is essentially an oven? (I do have a shade over it!) Oh, and a microphone recommendation?

Here’s what I have:

SMAKN® Active Gigabit PoE Splitter Adapter, IEEE 802.3at compliant, Up To 100 meters, 5V / 12V /18v Output, Amazon $36.90

TRENDnet TPE-115GI Gigabit PoE+ Injector, Standard: IEEE 802.3/3u/3ab, IEEE 802.3af/3a, Newegg $41.11

Microseven M7WP-MIC waterproof outdoor Microphone, Microseven $24.99

I don’t know the exact Dahua accessory part numbers because I can’t find my invoice from last September, but I am using the Dahua Waterproof Power box

Thanks, - Dave
Why are you using the splitter? The camera supports direct poe+ input.

Dave McKeen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi fenderman, I was using a POE splitter so I could power a microphone. Are there active splitters and mics that have good reputations here? Thanks - Dave

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
This week I finally upgraded my SD49225T-HN firmware to the latest on the Dahua website as well as the PTZ firmware. I was having a scaling issue in Google Chrome so I thought maybe this would fix it. The upgrade made my PTZ functions quit working correctly in BI. By that I mean I had all blue mouse arrows working as well as the Home button. Depending on what version of PTZ firmware you have you may have different results. So currently I am using the ONVIF (OXML) PTZ setting in BlueIris. Everything works except the "Home" button in BI. After a few emails and access to my cam Ken said there will be a new PTZ preset called (Dahua new) that will be out sometime this weekend. :)

version.JPG

So this morning I was running ONVIF device manager and logged into the cam and noticed you can set the home position in the cam (see pic) And now the home button works in BI ! Before it would go to 0,0 coordinates. I wasn't sure if this setting would hold, so I rebooted cam and YES it does. So I thought I would share. There were some new PTZ features in the new firmware and as far as camera picture or focus issues I have not noticed any.

onvif.JPG

Now for the scaling issue I had with Google Chrome. This was due to the latest W10 spring update and me running a higher DPI on a 2K monitor. I wasn't getting the full camera's view in the camera's UI which in turn affected my ability to draw the red rectangle around the subject and have it zoom to that area. After a little google search I found I wasn't the only one, so you need to create a shortcut for google chrome, then properties, and then check the box I have circled. Now all is back to normal. See pic below:

chrome.JPG

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Tilman, that's some mighty nice lawn striping you got there!