Dahau SD1A404XB-GNR going out of focus

lucky13

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys

I’m not sure why but my camera which is on a fixed angle keeps going out of focus on the below picture can anyone see why ? and is it possible to get it to refocus automatically by setting a focus point it should stick too ?

thanks

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you tell what triggers this out of focus issue? Does it do it the same time each day? Are you certain you have no pre-set tour or other positioning rules set that would make it change position?

lucky13

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you tell what triggers this out of focus issue? Does it do it the same time each day? Are you certain you have no pre-set tour or other positioning rules set that would make it change position?
thanks for reply, no preset settings apart from the one that positions this angle...I’ve had the camera since December and all was fine..only thing I can think that’s changed is the sunshine here in the UK in the last month...could this throw out the focus ?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Im not expert with PTZ's but makes me think its similar to what we experience now and then with standard vari-focal cameras switching from B&W to color or vice versa when the light conditions are such that it has trouble finding something to focus on. As seasons change the sunsrise/sunset times change.

Just for grins, try using "schedule" profile and have the day/night change occur 30 minutes before sunset and 30 minutes after sunrise.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe a FULL factory Reset might solve the problem and test it from Default settings.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi guys

I’m not sure why but my camera which is on a fixed angle keeps going out of focus on the below picture can anyone see why ? and is it possible to get it to refocus automatically by setting a focus point it should stick too ?

thanks
Have you ever resolved this, I have been testing one that i won here from @bigredfish last year and finally found time to test. The same focus issue is also happening, I did a factory reset also. It seems when the sun went behind the trees, it took about a hour but really went out of focus. I have it in a different location now and it will loose sun pretty soon so we will see if its repeated. This cam has focus issues everywhere on top when zoomed out all the way. If you have it zoomed all the way out, it actually will catch the edge of the camera housing and cause a reflection at the top. Yes this a reflection off the housing.

CapturePTZ.JPG

Pic of focus issue.

Focus.JPG

Zooming in does help this.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
So I did more testing, that blur at the top is definitely a reflection when you are maxed out in the up position, I think the lens is being positioned too far down and beyond where it should go and its picking up the reflection on the glass or black shiny housing. You can clearly see your reflection in the glass bubble and the housing. You can clearly see it in my pic. That being said, I believe now if you camera is positioned
on or even close to that breaking spot, you are going to have focus issues.

reflection.jpg

The camera I believe does not know where to focus and things will get blurry on or near that position. I turned the cam upside down and ran it in the same places.
Beautiful picture and NO focus issues when it out of that range.

beaut.jpg

Attachments

lucky13

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
no never resolved it seems to happen when the sun is reflecting of the windscreen of the car on the left ..i wish i could pick a focus point ?? the camera should use then it could ignore the sunshine

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
After playing around with this camera and being VERY determined to try to find a home for it someplace around my house, I found a setting that limits the PTZ from going out of bounds. By default it is set @ 5 degrees and lets the lens stray down too far causing the reflection. I set it to 15 degrees and that took the issue away. You will lose a bit of area coverage by doing this but in most situations its a non issue. The late day focus issue did not happen today after I set this up a bit but time will tell.
I figured I best do this now because my wife and daughter like to play around with it and that could be all bad, I showed them how to do the preset when they are done playing. Another issue I have is the IR, Its not like a bigger PTZ where it moves when you move the lens, its built into the housing so if not positioned correct, and it close to your house, you will get some IR bounce. I have 3 Static IR lights on the housing and I need to rotate the housing away from the house a bit but I think it will be good after.

PTZ.JPG

btb601

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When you power up this camera, does it do anything? Like move the ptz around. Or does act like it's dead in the water until you setup your IP stuff. I have Amcrest PTZ indoor cams and when they boot up, its moves the cam around back and forth once and then stops. I've have my own post going, but still have not receive an answer on how this thing behaves. I'm just want to make sure it's not bad so I don't miss the return date to Amazon if it is.
Also, I cover up the light sensor and I hear nothing, no clicking to IR. Normal?
thanks

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
When you power up this camera, does it do anything? Like move the ptz around. Or does act like it's dead in the water until you setup your IP stuff. I have Amcrest PTZ indoor cams and when they boot up, its moves the cam around back and forth once and then stops. I've have my own post going, but still have not receive an answer on how this thing behaves. I'm just want to make sure it's not bad so I don't miss the return date to Amazon if it is.
Also, I cover up the light sensor and I hear nothing, no clicking to IR. Normal?
thanks
As a PTZ, they usually do a power on self test by default and rotate into default pre-set position, so yes they will make noise and rotate. What model do you have? In a small PTZ i do not hear when my IR lights come on. Its not the IR lights that make noise, its the cut filter.

btb601

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As a PTZ, they usually do a power on self test by default and rotate into default pre-set position, so yes they will make noise and rotate. What model do you have? In a small PTZ i do not hear when my IR lights come on. Its not the IR lights that make noise, its the cut filter.
Thank you so much. So I'm guess something is wrong with my cam. I've tried an injector first, then my new PoE switch. Thanks again.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank you so much. So I'm guess something is wrong with my cam. I've tried an injector first, then my new PoE switch. Thanks again.
I know you have another thread on this but it should cycle when powered either POE or Power injector.