Customize Imou Turret ?

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi

Recently I scored a Imou Turret made by dahua (IPC-T26EP) at a low price.
This camera has active deterrence feature similar to IPC-HDW5241H-AS-PV, however it works differently.
Active deterrence on IPC-HDW5241H-AS-PV is triggered by IVS but this one is by motion detect.

This camera fits most of my requirements but it only flickers when activated and only play the siren.wav

Has anyone successfully made the light "normally on" and made it play a different wav file?

On inspection of the API, i found the following lines of interest, but i dont know how to go further.

How do i access the file system so that i can upload a different wav file?
The camera flickers because the lightlinktype is set to "Filcker", what is the equivalent code for "normally on"

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Code:
table.MotionDetect[0].EventHandler.LightingLink.Enable=true
table.MotionDetect[0].EventHandler.LightingLink.FilckerIntevalTime=1
table.MotionDetect[0].EventHandler.LightingLink.FilckerLightType=WhiteLight
table.MotionDetect[0].EventHandler.LightingLink.FilckerTimes=1
table.MotionDetect[0].EventHandler.LightingLink.LightDuration=1
table.MotionDetect[0].EventHandler.LightingLink.LightLinkType=Filcker

table.MotionDetect[0].EventHandler.Voice.AudioFileName=/usr/data/audiofiles/siren/siren.wav
table.MotionDetect[0].EventHandler.Voice.LinkTime=30
table.MotionDetect[0].EventHandler.Voice.PlayTimes=1
table.MotionDetect[0].EventHandler.VoiceEnable=false

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
do you consider is powerful enough to illuminate an area if light stay ON?. It only last 30 seconds (flash). I will try the hardware approach, triggering an external light using the spot light from the camera (photo-sensor, but will need to encapsulate the light to avoid false triggering) or opening the camera for getting the signal internally. Triggering an external device could include an adjustable timer to increase the 30 sec. limit (2 minutes should be enough). I will follow your project for any update you may have.

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The white light for this model is very powerful, it is made up of at least 8 white leds arranged in a U shape.
It is definitely brighter than the single LED on IPC-HDW5241H-AS-PV which I also own.

The flicker appears to be locked to a 50% duty cycle, so if i increase the FilckerIntevalTime to 30, then it will stay lit for 30 units of time and turn off for 30 units and repeats.

The easiest but not perfect way to let it not flicker when triggered will be to set table.MotionDetect[0].EventHandler.LightingLink.FilckerIntevalTime to a long enough time .

The HTTP code to set it will be the following:

Code:
http://192.168.1.108/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&MotionDetect[0].EventHandler.LightingLink.FilckerIntevalTime=1000
This is my configuration for now.. will have to install the camera now and observe for a few days. Thanks!.

Code:
table.MotionDetect[0].EventHandler.LightingLink.FilckerIntevalTime=1000
table.MotionDetect[0].EventHandler.LightingLink.LightDuration=0

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
very interesting, unfortunately my coverage area needs more light output to scare the intruders. My plan is to activate an external relay connected to 12Vdc LED lamps (the type used on off-road vehicles).

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think your implementation is very easy to set up without opening any camera. .

Just thinking about it but I havent tried it yet.. need to get the following wired up and setup via the web interface:

A ipcam with alarm out, example can be DH-IPC-HFW4231T-ASE or similar.
A cheap relay off ebay
The 12v DC LED lamp off ebay or aliexpress

For power supply, can get a POE splitter +&12v splitter cable to power the camera, relays and the lamp with just a single lan cable.
I'll also increase the POE power to 30Watts.

For me, my main purpose is to light up the front porch when someone arrives, so prefer a smallish camera with built in white/warm light.
I was using the IPC-HDW5241H-AS-PV prior to this.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
yes, it will be easier than opening the camera. As you mentioned, the relay output will be ideal, but I already own the Imou Turret. I will try the photo-sensor approach. Hope you find a solution for your project.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Code:
table.MotionDetect[0].EventHandler.LightingLink.FilckerIntevalTime=1000
table.MotionDetect[0].EventHandler.LightingLink.LightDuration=0
Curious. What does LightDuration=0 do? If FilckerTimes=0, will it still turn on with FilckerIntevalTime=1000? Thx.

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
yes, it will be easier than opening the camera. As you mentioned, the relay output will be ideal, but I already own the Imou Turret. I will try the photo-sensor approach. Hope you find a solution for your project.
thanks! let us know how u go too!

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Curious. What does LightDuration=0 do? If FilckerTimes=0, will it still turn on with FilckerIntevalTime=1000? Thx.
I've really got no idea.. it's all trial and error.

I'm trying to get my hands on the v2.84 api manual but unable to find it. It might give some explanation.

I've relied on the Amcrest HTTP Protocol API Specifications Revision 2.13 to get this far.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
in order to cover a larger area in my patio, Just added an external photo resistor in front of the spot light that will trigger an external 12v led (higher wattage than shown in video). An adjustable timer will increase the camera flashing light (maximum 30 seconds), up to several hours (3 minutes in my case)

Attachments

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
nice! If video can be uploaded to youtube, more people will be able to see it..

i didn't dared to open up the camera..

After installing the camera, I find the White LED is not bright enough.. and easily triggered despite playing around with the settings.

I've placed it in the front porch with FilckerIntevalTime=1000

Now it turns on when ever it detects something cars/people walking pass etc.. however as the LED is not bright enough, it's not so eye catching yet.. hopefully the neighbours don't mind... and don't complain.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
nice! If video can be uploaded to youtube, more people will be able to see it..

i didn't dared to open up the camera..

After installing the camera, I find the White LED is not bright enough.. and easily triggered despite playing around with the settings.

I've placed it in the front porch with FilckerIntevalTime=1000

Now it turns on when ever it detects something cars/people walking pass etc.. however as the LED is not bright enough, it's not so eye catching yet.. hopefully the neighbours don't mind... and don't complain.
Sure, added to YT. Keep your progress updated.