Custom Scripting on BI Arm & Disarm events

abelmj

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a way that when I Arm and Disarm BI from the console traffic icon or the remote app, BI will execute a script on the BI server?

I have created a remote siren device using a Raspberry Pi such that when motion is detected on one of my cameraa, the BI trigger executes a custom script that sends a message to my Pi Siren to sound the alarm. This has worked flawlessly. My problem is sometimes we forget to disarm BI and we set off the trigger (and hence the Siren goes off). I can use the remote app to disarm BI itself, but the only way I can stop the siren is to power off the Pi which resets it - I have the Siren pgm set to be "disarmed" by default on startup or sing on to the Pi via SSH and issue a command to stop. To re-arm the Pi Siren, I have to logon to the Pi via SSH to do so manually by issuing a command to the pgm. I'd like to have BI execute a script when it is armed/disarmed. I can write a script that sends a message to the Pi Siren to disarm or arm, but I currently do not know how to tie the actions of arming/ disarming of BI with the armining/disarming of the Pi Siren.

Any suggestions?

Last edited: