Custom Alarm Audio

Kevin Doe

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looking to upload a customized audio file for the alarm, when IVS rules are triggered. Looks like I can add the audio file here:

1639704026159.png

I keep getting file too large when I attempt to upload the file. The manual says it can take .pcm or .wav2 formats. I tried a regular .wav at ~2069 KB, and then tried converting it to a .pcm and the file was 1032 KB, and also got a too large warning. Anyone know what size will work? I'm only trying to upload a ~10 second audio clip.

Audio clip for those interested, LOL

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I had that problem as well. They don't have a lot of storage on these things so it doesn't take much to be too large.

You could try deleting some of the ones that came with the cam and see if it clears enough space.

I was able to get a 20 second .wav file at 3.2MB on it.

Kevin Doe

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah I had that problem as well. They don't have a lot of storage on these things so it doesn't take much to be too large.

You could try deleting some of the ones that came with the cam and see if it clears enough space.

I was able to get a 20 second .wav file at 3.2MB on it.
In the attached screen shot in my first post, you can see that the delete button is greyed out. That was my first thought as well, but it doesn't look like I can.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Bummer. Let me go pull mine up now. It was another camera that I uploaded the .wav file to.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, I thought I was able to delete from my older camera, but now I remember that it came without the audio files, so I had to upload them and only did the ones that I wanted.

I did find that sampling should be 8K 16bit, less than 1MB for newer cams, so try that.

Kevin Doe

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I did find that sampling should be 8K 16bit, less than 1MB for newer cams, so try that.
Any idea how to convert the audio file I linked to, to the specs you mentioned and stay under 1MB? I found an online audio converter, but no matter what options I try, the final audio file size ends up larger than the original one that's at 2.07 MB.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Play store isn't let me see old apps that I deleted, but I think it was this one:

And I think one of mine I played it over the computer speakers and recorded it on the phone - not ideal, but if nobody is making noise, it works.

Kevin Doe

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I ended up recording it to my phone with an app like you said (but on my iPhone).

The recording was done with the following specs:
.wav format
44.1 kHz sample rate
128kbps bit rate
Mono

The file size is 891KB. When I upload, it says "bad file format". Tried to change to a .pcm, and got the same warning.

I tried an online converter to convert to a different sample rate wav file, but the file size ends up way larger. Here is the specs I tired to convert to:
.wav
8k sample rate
128kbps bit rate
Mono
16 bit

File size ended up as ~14MB.

Kevin Doe

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
After playing with it some more, I found out that I can record an audio successfully. Hooked up a nice pro audio mid to my PC, and played the clip over the speakers, while recording on the Camera's interface. Playback yielded nothing. Then I had the idea that maybe the "record" option was to record from the camera's mic. I was correct. I put my phone playing music by the cam, and hit record for 10 seconds. It worked. When I played back the audio over the camera I heard the music playing. Only downside is that I'll need a second person to press the record/stop button, while I'm standing by each camera playing the audio clip. And the quality is really bad. I need to figure out how to get a .wav file to upload properly.