cubecam has stopped emailing.

hikup

n3wb
Reaction score
I have two cubecams, the one stopped emailing notifications. I've tried the email test button in the config menu and it succeeds, but when I move an object in front of the cam I get no notification. It's been operating ok for a couple of months now, since I bought it. All the settings seem the same as before. Any ideas how to fix this?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have two cubecams, the one stopped emailing notifications. I've tried the email test button in the config menu and it succeeds, but when I move an object in front of the cam I get no notification. It's been operating ok for a couple of months now, since I bought it. All the settings seem the same as before. Any ideas how to fix this?
Are you certain that send email is checked for the motion detection method you are using?

hikup

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman, yes e-mail is set on motion and intruder and both are enabled. When this problem started the cam also stopped sending email when it switched from night mode to day mode and vice versa.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman, yes e-mail is set on motion and intruder and both are enabled. When this problem started the cam also stopped sending email when it switched from night mode to day mode and vice versa.
Strange... if you already tried rebooting it, i would do a hard reset...
With hikvision you need to remove power, hold the reset button, then apply power while holding the button, keep holding for 30 seconds...

hikup

n3wb
Reaction score
I did a "soft" reboot through HiDDNS and it's working again. Fendy, you saved my bacon again, thanks. No idea why that happened though.