CPU Utilisation increase after upgrade to 5.3.6.3 from 5.3.6.2?

Reaction score
Not sure what would cause this, if there were some settings that required a restart to take effect, but when i've upgraded from 5.3.6.2 to 5.3.6.3 today to try and resolve another issue (>1k http request getting no response) I've seen the CPU utilisation increase

Section 1 - playback of 3 camera streams in the main client window on 5.3.6.2
Section 2 - main console open only showing 3 of 10 camera streams on 5.3.6.2
Section 3 - console closed with 5.3.6.2 (BI running as a service)
Section 4 - main console open only showing 3 of 10 (same as above) camera streams on 5.3.6.3

I thought I'd managed to get it all working quite efeciently but I must have done something OR BI has gone mad :p Any ideas?

1607622464452.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
People have reported issues with the substreams not coming in correctly in this version, so take a look at the substreams in each camera if you used that feature and correct to the right substream. If not, revert back.

Reaction score
People have reported issues with the substreams not coming in correctly in this version, so take a look at the substreams in each camera if you used that feature and correct to the right substream. If not, revert back.

Not aware of using any substreams... will check it out and have a look

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
If you have cloned it’s worth checking that after the upgrade the clone is set the same as the master.

Reaction score
If you have cloned it’s worth checking that after the upgrade the clone is set the same as the master.
Not sure how you mean? I've check all the cameras video settings and they all show up with no entry in the subtream field. I've turned motion detection off on the only 2 clones i have 2. I was running about 40% cpu playing 3 cameras before and now it's averaging around 80 and that means playback is nearly impossible. I will end up rolling back but any other reasons this might have happened before i do?

Edit: Just rolled back to 5.3.03 and CPU utilisation has dropped back by about 30%. what is it about the new versions that does this does anyone know? I had check and reduced settings like removing high resolution motion detection which was turned on for a couple of cameras, removed motion detection entirely on 2 clone cameras, ensure that there were no substream configs for the cameras etc. seems odd.

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The ONVIF methodology and feature have been updated since version 5.3.0.3 and each camera seems to need to have "Find/Inspect" run on them and the appropriate settings entered into the video configuration to take advantage of the new features. It's still sort of a work in progress but it's working fine for me after doing that "Find/Inspect" step.

kklee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The ONVIF methodology and feature have been updated since version 5.3.0.3 and each camera seems to need to have "Find/Inspect" run on them and the appropriate settings entered into the video configuration to take advantage of the new features. It's still sort of a work in progress but it's working fine for me after doing that "Find/Inspect" step.
I found that I had to do the same thing, re-run Find/Inspect and adjust the substream settings for all cameras. The CPU utilization dropped back to normal after that.