CPU bug?

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello, I am running 5.8.0.5 but I do not know if this is limited to this version or not.. but there appears to be an inconsistency between what BI CPU is being reported to compared to what task manager reports? Is anyone else havin this issue?

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looks to me like the approximate sum of BI's display for CPU and GPU is what TM reports as CPU %. :wtf:

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hmmm... when I go into task manager and blueiris status.. none of the cameras are running on the GPU.. only codeproject AI .... any ideas?

1697197068733.png

1697197139503.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You have to tell the cameras to use the GPU in BI, but using substreams for all your cameras will have a bigger impact on CPU reduction than hardware acceleration. Plus depending on your GPU and number of cameras using CodeProject, you could max out the GPU if you sent all the cameras to the GPU under hardware acceleration.

Remember if those are important cameras that you only want mainstream recording, you simply chose continuous and not cont+triggers and then it records only mainstream but takes advantage of substream for everything else.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello, I am running 5.8.0.5 but I do not know if this is limited to this version or not.. but there appears to be an inconsistency between what BI CPU is being reported to compared to what task manager reports? Is anyone else havin this issue?
Don't run the bleeding edge on versions.( unless you're Beta testing).... turn off auto-updates, and just update when there is a change that is significant...

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I didn't know that one either. But I'm not sure it's consistent enough to do that. Seems to change depending on what else is happening on the machine at a given time too.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
W11 has never been correct reporting CPU usage to BI or vice versa. I run my CPU factor at 2.9 and its close most of the time but far from perfect. When I had BI on W10 it was much more accurate. Still not going back to W10 though :)