CPAI 2.1.11 not working

truglo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So I have had BI working perfectly with CPAI 2.1.9 for some time, and stupidly decided to upgrade to 2.1.11 today. The initial install seemed to go OK, but once it's running and I try to install any modules (for example Yolo v6.2), it fails with logs showing just "Failed to call". I tried reinstalling several times, including deleting the CodeProject folder, rebooting in between, etc. Nothing seems to get it working. I uninstalled and went back to 2.1.9 without issues. FWIW, I'm running cuda with a p400 card. So this begs a couple of questions:

Anyone have an idea why it fails to install modules?

Is anyone else running 2.1.11 (with modules installed of course) without issues?

kondakos

n3wb
Reaction score
I was able to install and BI working perfectly with CPAI 2.1.11 with google coral in Windows 10 64X for some days and now there is no way to have a running CPAI 2.1.11, CPAI 2.1.3 or CPAI 2.0.8.
The service "C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\Server\CodeProject.AI.Server.exe" can not start with the error message "The service did not respond quickly enough to the launch or control request."
Tried WMI repository fix possible corruption, Check System File Corruptions , Change Timeout Settings in Registry Editor the same error.

kondakos

n3wb
Reaction score
There was a file corruption directory C:\ProgramData\CodeProject\AI\ files installconfig.json and modulesettings.json

I copy a new installconfig.json and modulesettings.json from another running PC from/to directory C:\ProgramData\CodeProject\AI\

After that the service running fine.

truglo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
To clarify, how did you get another running PC up and running? Was it with 2.1.11, or an older version?

I can see the contents of installconfig.json include a version and install ID, which would likely have to change at least. Not sure about the other file... or why it gets corrupted to begin with. I usually delete the /programfiles/codeproject folder when I install, but I'll try installing again with deleting that programdata/codeproject folder as well. I'll report back how this goes.

kondakos

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes i have running PC up and running the 2.1.11 version in a another PC.

You can uninstall reboot but you HAVE to delete any other directory name codeproject in the drive , user , document.
Search for files : installconfig.json and modulesettings.json delete them.

There was in:

c:\ProgramData\CodeProject\AI\installconfig.json
c:\Users\All Users\CodeProject\AI\installconfig.json

Then install again.

truglo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nope, didn't work for me. The install seemed to get farther along, but there was an error mentioning something to the effect of "Google auth-0 version is too new" during install. After installing, my attempts to download the plate reader module failed, with logs showing just "call failed". Also on the module download page, the status column is preceded by all "nulls", instead of dates like it's supposed to show.

1.png 2.jpg

Guess I'm rolling back again.

[edit: FWIW, my win11 pc does not have a \users\all users\ folder, just the \programdata\codeproject\ folder.]

Last edited:

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nope, didn't work for me. The install seemed to get farther along, but there was an error mentioning something to the effect of "Google auth-0 version is too new" during install. After installing, my attempts to download the plate reader module failed, with logs showing just "call failed". Also on the module download page, the status column is preceded by all "nulls", instead of dates like it's supposed to show.

View attachment 171611 View attachment 171612

Guess I'm rolling back again.

[edit: FWIW, my win11 pc does not have a \users\all users\ folder, just the \programdata\codeproject\ folder.]
To fix the null try doing a CTRL + F5 to refresh the web page.

truglo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So I feel silly about the ProgramData folder... it was just hidden. Before I go on, I'll mention that rolling back 2.1.9 did work 100%, as the LPR was not returning license plate OCR like it was before. So I decided to try 2.1.11 again. I deleted all installconfig.json's found including the one in Program data, proceeded to reinstall and it appeared to go well except for this error near the end of installing Yolov5 6.2.

Code:
19:25:07:ObjectDetectionYolo: ERROR: pip's dependency resolver does not currently take into account all the packages that are installed. This behaviour is the source of the following dependency conflicts.
19:25:07:ObjectDetectionYolo: botocore 1.31.44 requires urllib3<1.27,>=1.25.4, but you have urllib3 2.0.4 which is incompatible.
19:25:07:ObjectDetectionYolo: google-auth 2.22.0 requires urllib3<2.0, but you have urllib3 2.0.4 which is incompatible.
After that, still had "nulls", but hitting ctrl_f5 a few times got the installer to work. It's up and running again, however the plate OCR is still not returning anything. When I open up CPAI explorer and try detecting using License Plate V2 with the default image, it shows the plate recognized 90%, but no OCR value returned. Not sure what's going on with that... maybe I should open another thread about it since the same thing happened with both .9 and .11.

truglo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I did just notice this log in CPAI after rebooting:

Code:
19:34:12:
19:34:12:Started Object Detection (YOLOv5 6.2) module
19:34:13:Server: This is the latest version
19:34:24:ALPR_adapter.py: Timeout connecting to the server