CP.AI Face Recognition - Unknown Faces

emersonvier

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Last edited:

tofu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the same issue intermittently. It works when I uncheck/check save faces, then randomly stops working until I do it again. It seems to be a conflict between BI storing known faces in its own folder or training faces through the cp.ai dashboard. It's confusing why BI hasn't settled on one integration method. I actually still don't know which one I'm supposed to be using.

COtto1984

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure if this is your issue, but for some reason mine would stop saving unknown faces if I registered a single face in CP.AI.

djborden

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am experiencing the same issue as others in the thread, where am not getting any face images, or just a few show up on one or two cameras and it seems intermittent at best. I am on the most current version of CodeProject.AI and the most current stable BI build as well. I am running an Nvidia GT 1030 card and it appears to be configured correctly. Processor is an Intel i5 12400. I am mostly interested in capturing unknown faces to start.

Is there anyone getting what you would consider normal and consistent results of recording unknown faces from multiple cameras?

If so, would you be willing to post the BI and CPAI versions you are running and any configuration settings? Any tips you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

FlyingTrev

n3wb
Reaction score
I am having the same issue. I have the latest version 5.8.5.8 and actually DO GET SOME facial recognition by saving faces using the BI faces option button... I tried just using the AI page to save faces, like the video above shows, but it never worked then. Also, the YT video is out of date i think as the windows don't exactly match the BI I have. I have save unknown faces on the cameras checked and have defined a dedication storage location. Would love to get this working again!

Hina Chow

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,
If you go into the code project AI explorer and go into the faces and hit the button that reads "Registered Faces" if you have Registered Faces in there, it will recognize faces as those names. You must erase those names.

FlyingTrev

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,
If you go into the code project AI explorer and go into the faces and hit the button that reads "Registered Faces" if you have Registered Faces in there, it will recognize faces as those names. You must erase those names.
Hey I have that (recognizing known faces) working, about as well as I think it will work.

BUT it no longer saves unknown faces. It is checked on all cameras in the AI tab... but nothing in the designated folder. It used to save a ton of jpgs in the unknown faces folder.. but that just stopped. I've checked and unchecked, saving settings in between, to "reset" the camera settings. Even deleted a camera and re-added hoping to save unknown faces again. Nothing worked and no pics are stored.

Im not sure what broke this function... but it was handy to see everyone that came by who was NOT in AI as a stored face.

Reaction score
Just checking in to see if anyone has managed to get this issue resolved?

I'm Running BI 5.7.7.18
Used the same settings as screenshots above from Youtube video referenced in this thread.
I go out stand in front of my camera but no face photos are being saved in the nominated directory.
All help appreciated.

FlyingTrev

n3wb
Reaction score
Just checking in to see if anyone has managed to get this issue resolved?

I'm Running BI 5.7.7.18
Used the same settings as screenshots above from Youtube video referenced in this thread.
I go out stand in front of my camera but no face photos are being saved in the nominated directory.
All help appreciated.
Not for me. I've even uninstalled/deleted folders/reinstalled codeAI (again). Facial recognition IS working, but no unknown faces saved. Really confusing as this this once worked very well.
I might experiment by installing a new VM and basically making a test system to see if that fixes it. Hate to lose old recordings tho, as I don't think they can be moved to a brand new installation because of the database.