Courting red foxes are goofy

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
These two have been courting for a while, and with mating season upon them they have ratcheted up the silliness. They do this sort of thing all through the night. The scene is lit with a single dusk to dawn light bulb, from a portable utility fixture which seems to obliterate the blue lighting from the front of the house we have nicely. And the Color4K-X camera does a brilliant job of amplifying that bit of light to create a pretty bright scene, considering when I look out the window the scene looks like it's being lit by a 20w bulb. The stars were an unexpected surprise.

View attachment Reds playing.mp4

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The fun fact I discovered after some time experimenting with the Color4K-X camera is that I can run 'Full Time'-'Night' settings 24/7. I knew I would grow tired of manually shifting my day/night profile times, and even if I kept that up the varying light in each days dusk and dawn would likely bugger things up leading to missing captures. I can sit here now watching it cross those rubicons and it's seamless, and the quality of the light, and colours especially in the day is unparalleled in my time with this camera. One day I'll nuance it all to really optimize a few things, but for now I'm enjoying just relaxing and letting the camera/Synology NAS combo tick away painlessly for a change. Those two were a bit of a bugger to figure out, but they're damned near a happy marriage these days. :thumb:

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Just keep in mind that the white snow really helps amplify/reflect the available light too. The performance will not be the same after the snow melts.