Couple questions about Blue Iris and hikvision 2032

telc

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been using ivms-4200 PCNVR for a couple years with no issues and am familiar with it. What control does BI have over the cameras settings? Will I need to log into the camera and set my day and night profiles and resolution and other settings and disable motion detection on the camera and then all BI gets it a stream.

I know BI can control the IR on/off and switch between the camera day and night profiles, what other camera settings can it directly control?

Lets say I have BI doing motion detection and it detects passing cars all day and records them. But if someone comes to the front door I want it to be tagged so I can the end of the day I can easily see only motion triggers that happened within a certain zone (front door)? Can I draw a virtual zone and have motion within that tagged for later viewing?

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Most everything for hik cameras are controlled by the cameras webpage not BI.
Motion is controlled by BI (properties (upper lefthand corner icon) then select Motion/Trigger >checkmark "use mask and hotspot" , Push "edit", red squares are hotspots (front door area) black is "kill motion". Not too hard to figure out. Play with is some.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@telc Welcome to the forum. Blue iris can control some of the cameras settings, like brightness, contrasts etc...you can even get it to control wdr but it requires a special script, its easier to simply set it in the camera unless you want to set distinct settings for various profiles/times.
Blue iris is also capable of using in camera motion detection on the hikvision and/or using its own motion detection.
It does not have the function you are looking for with respect to isolating motion for a specific area to review. However, you can setup a second camera in blue iris and clone it and set motion detection for that specific area.