Converting from Sighthound. Cannot configure camera.

Kamalas

n3wb
Reaction score
I am trialling Blue Iris. I cannot get a camera I have working in Sighthound to work on Blur Iris (same Windows PC).

Huisun Mini PTZ 10X hard wired camera

The camera is found in BI and I add it. However, no matter which of the numerous ways I can configure it. I cannot get a picture showing. Connection error for example.

I have tried different protocols and placing paths and ports in various fields and even as the first url you enter to include port/path. I have checked the UID/PWD. I have tried Generic camera and Huisun camera selections.

Below is my sighthound configuration screen. Note the http (not sown but is 8094) and rtsp different ports. (i have a couple of these cameras and port forwarding is the reason for these port specs)

So I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to help me in which fields I set them for BI.

thank you
ScreenShot097.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am trialling Blue Iris. I cannot get a camera I have working in Sighthound to work on Blur Iris (same Windows PC).

Huisun Mini PTZ 10X hard wired camera

The camera is found in BI and I add it. However, no matter which of the numerous ways I can configure it. I cannot get a picture showing. Connection error for example.

I have tried different protocols and placing paths and ports in various fields and even as the first url you enter to include port/path. I have checked the UID/PWD. I have tried Generic camera and Huisun camera selections.

Below is my sighthound configuration screen. Note the http (not sown but is 8094) and rtsp different ports. (i have a couple of these cameras and port forwarding is the reason for these port specs)

So I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to help me in which fields I set them for BI.

thank you
View attachment 14651
You likely dont have the ports or ip address properly selected...
Use huisun from the dropdown or hikvision rtsp..
Also dont port forward these cameras..1) there is no need to. 2) its a HUGE security risk
Use the blue iris webserver for remote viewing and you only need to port forward a single port or better yet, forward nothing and use vpn..