Convert file format

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyway to convert the .bvr to a format that is viewable in other apps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Where is the option. I see the convert settings but I don't see 1. How to tell BI to automatically convert a file in a folder or 2. Manually do it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Where is the option. I see the convert settings but I don't see 1. How to tell BI to automatically convert a file in a folder or 2. Manually do it.

Right click on the file in the clips list and select move>export
You can also record to mp4 format if you wish...

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok. Understood. The computer that is my server is remote. I RDP into it and don't use it in the traditional sense. I have BI saving to a folder that links to my cloud storage. So when I access the videos it's on my phone or tablet.

That's why I was looking for a way to automate the process of converting of the video.

Where can you record to MP4?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok. Understood. The computer that is my server is remote. I RDP into it and don't use it in the traditional sense. I have BI saving to a folder that links to my cloud storage. So when I access the videos it's on my phone or tablet.

That's why I was looking for a way to automate the process of converting of the video.

Where can you record to MP4?

BVR is the most efficient method and also allows viewing a file while its still recording...why dont you simply use the blue iris webserver to view recordings?
If you want to record to mp4, record tab>file format
You need to set this for each camera.

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The webserver seems very slow and not responsive optimized. I'm sure the app is better but I haven't bought it yet.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The webserver seems very slow and not responsive optimized. I'm sure the app is better but I haven't bought it yet.

Both are quick...use IE and the activeX plugin...The developer is working on a revised version but there is no eta.
The app is fantastic and allows switching profiles, traffic signal, reviewing video etc..

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'll just get the app and call it a day.

dalepa

Reaction score
I'm also looking for a way to batch export a list of alerts (not clips) The export option is not available for alerts, only clips.

I want to be able able to view all the 10 second alerts for a given day in fast motion... Like you see when quickly scrolling through the alert list.

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes but TBH the app works like a dream. Just need to get Smarthings or Vera to work with BI to utilize some of my Zwave and other smart switches and devices

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm going to highjack, how can you select on a certain time frame on a clip? Say the clip is 3 hours long, but you only want to cut out 5 minutes of the clip, do you need a third party app to do this?

I'm still messing with it, reading and learning.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to highjack, how can you select on a certain time frame on a clip? Say the clip is 3 hours long, but you only want to cut out 5 minutes of the clip, do you need a third party app to do this?

I'm still messing with it, reading and learning.
Its really easy, just pull up the clip for playback. Then grab the green and red triangles on the bottom to select the start and end point. This way you can actually see what you are selecting.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm overwhelmed with all the options and settings, I'm going tab by tab to set things how I want them. I'm in a hurry too because I need it ready and configured by morning, my back hurts, and it's almost my birthday, haha! I messed up by fooling with my NVR firmware today, I knew it though, lol

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm overwhelmed with all the options and settings, I'm going tab by tab to set things how I want them. I'm in a hurry too because I need it ready and configured by morning, my back hurts, and it's almost my birthday, haha! I messed up by fooling with my NVR firmware today, I knew it though, lol
make sure to disable object detect in the motion settings...set the break time to at least 30 seconds, set a pretrigger frame at least 2x your fps in the record tab...

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, one final question, as I'm searching around trying to find the answer, I need to move on to other settings. Is there a way to have recorded clips go into a folder by date? As an hour ago WED clips would be in a folder labeled something like 12-30-2015 etc, and possibly inside that folder subfolders for each camera? It would make it cleaner when searching through the raw clips in windows explorer. If it's a complicated answer just say yes it's possible and I will figure it out, I don't expect you to make me a step by step.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, one final question, as I'm searching around trying to find the answer, I need to move on to other settings. Is there a way to have recorded clips go into a folder by date? As an hour ago WED clips would be in a folder labeled something like 12-30-2015 etc, and possibly inside that folder subfolders for each camera? It would make it cleaner when searching through the raw clips in windows explorer. If it's a complicated answer just say yes it's possible and I will figure it out, I don't expect you to make me a step by step.
No it cant be done. There is no need for it, that is what the timeline and clips viewer are for. Why would you want to view clips using explorer?

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I guess just how I'm used to organizing my saved videos from important things. I have to get used to BI now, so much different from the NVR

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
make sure to disable object detect in the motion settings...set the break time to at least 30 seconds, set a pretrigger frame at least 2x your fps in the record tab...
Hi Fenderman, can you expand on your recommendations I quoted? Of the three items you mentioned, are all of those settings good for the particular situation in this thread, or good all around? Thanks! John