Controlling IVS and Cross line detection

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What am I doing wrong? I am unable to draw or edit any of the IVS features on the Dahua IPC-HFW4431R-Z.

1. I am logged on with an admin account
2. I am using their suggested NACL web plug in App for Mac, I have also tried Chrome on Windows 10 (that will not stream the camera image at all :(
3. Shouldn't I be able to see lines and boxes that I draw across the screen?

Thanks so much, I am sure this is user error, but I have watched all the guides and read the Dahia wiki.

Attached is the firmware version and video of where I get stuck. Just want a simple line cross detection email via the IVS feature on this particular camera.

Sorry about the music, didn't realize it recorded that.

Attachments

Mike Mo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Download the web plugin for Safari from the Dahua website.

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had to restart the Safari browser to get the Live view to work after the install.

Thanks for jumpstarting my brain @Mike Mo

BTW, for anyone else, the NacL web plug in didn't work, but direct link to Dahua website software above did.

cam235

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have two of those cameras, which were sold as "non-upgradeable" and report in the software as Dahua IPC-HDW4431C-A-V2. I can see and change all the settings from Windows 10 using the Chrome browser with the NaCl plugin EXCEPT that I cannot draw onscreen tripwire lines or detection areas, just as you report. I couldn't make MSIE on Win10 do it either. The one thing that did work for me was using MSIE on another computer which was still on Windows 7. I don't remember where I got the NaCl plugin from, maybe the Chrome web store? I'll have to try the link shown above and see if it works any better.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Instead of Chrome, try Pale Moon browser.
Regarding tripwire lines, I had a problem setting them one time, iirc. I had to change the "rule name". Apparently, having the matching rule names on multiple cameras caused problems. The details are foggy, it was a long time ago.....

Bret_FL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Maybe someone reading this thread can help my IVS issue, I had IVS setup and it was working spot on with 1 trip wire rule <--->. I recently had to do a complete reboot of the camera due to a pass word issue (my mess up). I got the camera back up and running and setup everything the same identical to the way it was before, email test passes fine, but nothing is triggering the trip wire at all now. I have deleted it ad redone a few times but still no email snap shots. What am i overlooking. I never updated the FW out of the box either so would not think it would have reverted to older FW on the reboot.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Check "Schedule"
Ensure IVS is enabled
With tripwire lines established, walk in FOV and check green box (object tracking) to make sure trip wire blue lines flash red.
Check min and max object "target" sizes.
Stand on one foot, spin 3 times clockwise, then CCW, genuflect, and curse using every chinese word you know.
After that, I'm out of ideas.
If my guidance works, let me know what curse words you used.....