Control area of exposure?

davenaum

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys - A few of my cameras are in high-contrast areas at certain times of the day. Is there a way for me to configure the area of frame for auto exposure measurement? I've tried configuring the "ROI" to the area I'd like exposed properly, but it doesn't appear the ROI config controls the exposure region. Aside from manual exposure compensation, I can't find any other config that may control this. I'm using IPC-T5442TM-AS cameras with Blue Iris.

Here's an example with the area of interest highlighted. I would be totally OK with the area to the right of frame being over-exposed and blown out, as the purpose of this camera is to catch the corridor highlighted. Thanks in advance!

Capture.JPG

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys - A few of my cameras are in high-contrast areas at certain times of the day. Is there a way for me to configure the area of frame for auto exposure measurement? I've tried configuring the "ROI" to the area I'd like exposed properly, but it doesn't appear the ROI config controls the exposure region. Aside from manual exposure compensation, I can't find any other config that may control this. I'm using IPC-T5442TM-AS cameras with Blue Iris.

Here's an example with the area of interest highlighted. I would be totally OK with the area to the right of frame being over-exposed and blown out, as the purpose of this camera is to catch the corridor highlighted. Thanks in advance!

View attachment 68578
Try HDR settings...

davenaum

n3wb
Reaction score
Ah, I've just found it in the "Backlight" configuration. Looks much better now. Thanks for the pointer. Screenshot below for any others that may have this question in the future.

Capture.JPG