Constant crashes

mb520205

n3wb
Reaction score
So frustrating. I have Blue Iris 4.4.63 64bit. I am running 3 cameras 1 samsung hd pro and 2 nestcam outdoor's. Almost on a daily basis I will have to reload the program as it closes with no info on the error other than an unknown error Looking at the log all I can tell is the app shutdown. I am going to try running with only 1 cam tonight to see if it is an issue with multiple cams. I have been doing the updates as they come in and wondering if that me be the issue. I googled it and found several articles however most referring to 2013 or earlier. My 2 nest cams go offline sometimes because they are running wifi. Sometimes it crashes just after opening then I open it again, and it opens fine.
Screenshot 2016-10-25 18.23.34.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So frustrating. I have Blue Iris 4.4.63 64bit. I am running 3 cameras 1 samsung hd pro and 2 nestcam outdoor's. Almost on a daily basis I will have to reload the program as it closes with no info on the error other than an unknown error Looking at the log all I can tell is the app shutdown. I am going to try running with only 1 cam tonight to see if it is an issue with multiple cams. I have been doing the updates as they come in and wondering if that me be the issue. I googled it and found several articles however most referring to 2013 or earlier. My 2 nest cams go offline sometimes because they are running wifi. Sometimes it crashes just after opening then I open it again, and it opens fine.
View attachment 14295
Check event viewer...what are the specs on the system you are running? Is it a clean windows install?

mb520205

n3wb
Reaction score
Looking at my cpu usage I think I see the problem here. Looks like an issue with my settings. I pretty much maxed out my system. It doesn't help that I am running windows 10 on parallels either.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking at my cpu usage I think I see the problem here. Looks like an issue with my settings. I pretty much maxed out my system. It doesn't help that I am running windows 10 on parallels either.
have you enabled direct to disk for each camera? Parallels is a bad idea...buy a 300 dollar skylake windows machine...

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you need hardware acceleration for HD video decoding; or else its like trying to do take a moped onto the interstate..

parallels wont give you access to video hw acceleration, has to run directly on the hardware.

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you need hardware acceleration for HD video decoding; or else its like trying to do take a moped onto the interstate..

parallels wont give you access to video hw acceleration, has to run directly on the hardware.
^ what he said, go buy a computer... :playful: