Connecting Several wireless IP cameras to the PC through WIFI

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The more he talks the more it smells troll. (why anyone would troll around about iP cams I don't know) but he doesn't have a clue what he is trying to do.

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

Boldtrust

n3wb
Reaction score
The more he talks the more it smells troll. (why anyone would troll around about iP cams I don't know) but he doesn't have a clue what he is trying to do.

Well, this is absolutely nothing I can joke about. Your suggestions and advise have helped a great deal and I can assure you I'm very grateful. I am only trying to exploit as much possible options as possible so I could figure which one will be easier, more reliable and cost effective. Please pardon my ignorance.

I think the wired type with an NVR on each segment is best suitable. However, I still have a question, if you would permit me. Is it possible to use wireless NVRs to wireless IP cameras in each segment and then link them with fiber optics (network cables)?

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I rest my case.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the wired type with an NVR on each segment is best suitable. However, I still have a question, if you would permit me. Is it possible to use wireless NVRs to wireless IP cameras in each segment and then link them with fiber optics (network cables)?
Possible? Yes, certainly. Advisable? Under no circumstances.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, the name is SECURITY MONITOR PRO
I had a look. You realize their largest license is for 32 cameras and that costs $800? That is just for the software, and I doubt they have anything over Blue Iris which is $60 for 64 cameras (though you usually can't reach this number even if you try, because the computer won't be fast enough). These guys don't talk about hardware requirements that I could see.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wireless and IP Cameras do not mix, a point to point bridge between buildings is nothing like a access point servicing multiple devices.. you always have to have a wire ran between the storage medium (HDD in the NVR) and the camera so nothing external can fuck up recordings.

SmartPSS is free client software that works with Dahua products, allows you to live view and playback recordings over the network and without a browser.. out of the box it's capable of displaying a grid of 36 cameras, you might be able to get more out with a custom designed grid.. ive had no need for that many cameras loaded up in it, im sure it would take alot of load just to display all those feeds.

Boldtrust

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks very much. This is very helpful. I will look around if I can find the named brand around my location.