Connecting from remote PC to Blue Iris PC: Remote Desktop Certificate Error

NVR990

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am suddenly experiencing a certificate error when using Windows Remote Desktop to connect from a remote PC to my Blue Iris PC. Remote Desktop had been working perfectly between these two PCs until yesterday, when both PCs went through a Windows 10 update (they were both already running Win10, but just got the latest patches and so forth from Microsoft via the automatic “Windows Update”.)

Now, when I try to use Remote Desktop to connect to the Blue Iris PC, I get a certificate error (see below screenshot).

Certificate Error Message.jpg

I guess I need to generate a new certificate (??), but I am not technically savvy enough to do this.

I would greatly appreciate any help! Thanks!

Last edited:

NVR990

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This one is a bit geekier: RDP TLS Certificate Deployment Using GPO
Myself, I just ignore them and tell it to never ask me again. If you are connecting through a port forward you are exposing your BI machine to the internet. If not, not much reason to have a cert.
Thanks again, Roger. I use Remote Desktop over both local LAN and via VPN, so I'm not using router-level port forward in either case. Still, from some online reading, it seems like not having a certificate allows for a "man in the middle" exploit, in the case where someone gains access to my LAN.

In any event, the blog posts you've provided are WAY beyond my knowledge level. Still, I appreciate your effort.