Configure new cameras at one location for installation at another

msquared

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is there any reason I can't configure a new camera at one location for installation at another location as long as I assure it is a unique IP address or use DHCP then change to static when at the final location?

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If using Dahua cameras one can use the default IP address (192.168.1.108) to change the settings to fit your needs. Use a POE injector for power and connect to your desktop computer or laptop. Then when finished, with the setup for that one camera, change the camera IP address to what is needed at the remote location using the camera's GUI. Once changed the camera will no longer be available via its old IP address. Remove the POE power and move on to the next camera.

Keep in mind that only one camera can be setup at a time as all have the same default IP address.

msquared

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Exactly my plan. I need to configure 3 cameras at my house, then my dad is going to install them tomorrow at a different house while I am at work, so I want to have the cameras ready to go when I give them to him.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sure, I have set up several for neighbors Blueiris systems which includes assigning static IP addresses within the camera that will match their local system. With this information recoded it makes it easier to troubleshoot a specific camera if a problem arises down the road.
I mark the IP on each camera or on the pigtail so I do not have to search for it later down the road.

Last edited: