Configuration Tool & ivms4200

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have some issues with configuring my HikVision cams using the web interface, in particular the OSD settings. Doing some googling it seems this is a know problem and among suggestions of using a different browser someone also suggested ivms4200. This applications seems to be end of life, though. Is there another free alternative to configure the cams? This is for a single home/network application. The HikVision site doesn't have any good description what each software is doing and if they are free or not HikCentral Professional V2.2.1

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That looks similar to the SADPTool. I am looking for something allows me to do all the stuff that you would usually do through the web interface.

riluxg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That looks similar to the SADPTool. I am looking for something allows me to do all the stuff that you would usually do through the web interface.
you can configure the cameras from this software

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, I can configure the IP address and such from the SADPTool. But as far as I know you can't set the OSD information and position from that tool.

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Got it now. But how do you get to this page? I selected the cam and tried about every menu but didn't get to any "Remote Config" page.

Attachments

Last edited:

aadje93

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you need to add it to the software, when starting up it just shows you what Hik items were found on the network (not only cameras, also alarm system etc) then you can double click or right click the camera out of my head ( back home in couple hours then i can check it for you) and go to something like configure. Then you can copy -> paste the settings from 1 cam to all cams (like shutter speed/codec etc) Altough i do that manually....

Reactions: rfj

riluxg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Got it now. But how do you get to this page? I selected the cam and tried about every menu but didn't get to any "Remote Config" page.
add camera
select camera you want
click add
entre password
click ok

when added select camera then go to operation and click configuration wheel

batchconfig2.jpg

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ah, that worked like a charm. I didn't realize I had to add the camera first. Thanks a lot! This seems like a good tool to use. I was able to change the OSD settings and there are a lot of other options. Thanks again!

aadje93

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good you got it sorted, yes its a powerful program to work with dozens of cameras, like doing updates on 40 cameras is a breeze instead of repeating the same step 40 times

Reactions: rfj