Computer monitors

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just curious what everyone is using for a monitor with your surveillance system? Computer monitors, TV's?

I currently have a 27" ASUS monitor, but was thinking of maybe getting a cheap 4k TV.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
as long as the new device will " sleep" it should be good. I like the idea of a TV as a monitor. But my Sony Bravia was long in the tooth and only supported power saving thru the VGA jack. Nowadays HDMI or Display port, supports Power/energy saving modes.
I miss my TV remote control for volume...My BI pc at home is also my daily driver....So yeah,,,as you know, Audio varies wildly in volume from source to source....it's a "nice to have"....

Coal_Cracker

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I use an LG 26LV2500 26” tv that I picked out of the trash. I just leave it on and have it next to and a little above my monitor for my other computer. The resolution is only 1360x768 so it leaves something to be desired compared to modern tv.
I also use my other computer monitor sometimes which is a LG 34UC88-B 34” 21:9 ultra wide the resolution is a bit better at 3440x1440. I believe this one is still in production.

Coachtech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a 27 inch hp monitor (2709m) only 5 cameras hooked to this one for watching wildlife works great for me, it is a pretty old monitor. For anybody out there who has had a system hooked up for quite some time on a TV or monitor has anybody ever developed burn in on there screens?. I have had this one hooked up for about 2 years and never noticed anything wrong until one day i restarted it, when it restarts it has a blue screen with the logo of the NVR and stays there for about 30 seconds till it boots up, while it is on that screen i noticed where i don't have a camera hooked up the logo of the NVR and the lines that divide the cameras starting to show up and the logo in each box where no cameras are the logos was there, only noticed it when screen was all on one color don't see nothing when all camera come back on line. lucky i was able to flash a random of different colors on screen and now i don't see it anymore this monitor has been on 24/7 for about 2 years and never gave it a thought about burn in. Don,t know if any other solid color will show anything but blue screen showed a lot of burn in no actual pitchers just lines and logos.