Compatible Light Bulb cameras?

Reaction score
Hi, are there any light bulb cameras that are compatible with Blue Iris? They all seem to only use their own mobile proprietary apps.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If you find one with ONVIF support, that should work.

But keep in mind these cameras are probably going to suck. Badly.

Reaction score
The light bulb cameras really do suck. In addition to sub-par video quality, they require the power switch to be on all the time. Their light bulbs also are of VERY poor quality and won’t match color-wise with anything else you have in the same room. So it is really hard to recommend any of them given all of the issues that come with them. If you are dead set on one though, any ONVIF one should work like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B077JNY9Y1/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1518972626&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=onvif+light+bulb&dpPl=1&dpID=41RHaujEFTL&ref=plSrch

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Springer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If what you've read so far does not sway you, most of the cams available on ALI or eBay are not going to be UL or ULC approved. Judging by the the teardowns that I've seen on similar devices and the poor build quality of some of the discounted offshore stuff, I would not risk burning down my house to save a few dollars.

That said, it is the early days of these type cams and the general idea is a quick problem solver for many people and locations. If you are set on buying one, I would check your local big-box stores and see if they offer one that has a UL approval.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Purchased a cheap light bulb camera that works with Blue Iris. It works fine in Blue Iris except the PTZ doesn't work. The PTZ does work in the camera app but not in Blue Iris.

Didn't really need a light bulb camera, but bought it just to play around with and mainly to see if I could get one to work with Blue Iris. Video quality is decent for a cheap camera.