Compare and Contrast Speco Intensifier vs IP Equiv.

Prinler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good morning folks! Happy Monday!

So I have recently built a new BI PC and am fixing to set it up this afternoon. Being me, i'm going over the steps in my head while at work on the coming installation and my mind keeps bugging me wondering how my old favorite camera is going to compare to the new IP tech that you guys use here.
I have been doing analog for 8+ years and use 100% Cat5 and baluns. I have great reliability with them even using cheap ebay baluns.
My favorite camera hands down is the Speco Tech Intensifier cameras.
HTINT60K
the picture has always been great and the night performance is something i couldn't find a competitor that came close. My cars always get hit at night and with IR you could never tell what skin color or cloths color looked like until these cameras.
I have also always stuck with Everfocus DVR's if anyone is curious. Been a solid combo for me forever and for all of my family and friends that i have installed for over the years.

So, like i was blabbing on above about, my mind has been bugging me about what kind of comparison the new IP cameras have that would compare to my night vision on the Speco Intensifiers? I see Speco makes the same technology in IP versions but I want to hear what you guys use for dark situations and how they compare to my favorite cameras.

Here is a video showing the difference.

Prinler

Last edited:

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I've heard good things about the Speco cameras from folks that installed them for a local town. I've even heard from the folks that use them and they like them quite a bit. Unfortunately, I've never seen them in person or running beside another camera. I have had Axis P3364VE Lightfinders, a Hikvision Darkfighter dome, Dahua Eco Starlight turret, and some IMX322 noname cams and other Hikvision and Dahua 2, 3, and 4mp cams around my place. Certainly the best bang for the buck if your budget was over $70/cam and contender for first place low light performer from a "real" company if you don't mind ordering from AliExpress would be the Dahua Eco Starlight varifocal turret which can be had for ~$170US delivered. They have the Ultra Starlight bullets which are a step up from the Eco series as well.

If I knew the guys at the town personally I'd offer to run an Eco Starlight side by side with their Speco stuff just to see how they compare.

Prinler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, thank you for your input. I have been reading tons and tons on here and I do see some amazing stuff coming from the "Dahua Eco Starlight varifocal turret". Is there a reason these cameras are not sold on amazon or ebay i wonder?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, thank you for your input. I have been reading tons and tons on here and I do see some amazing stuff coming from the "Dahua Eco Starlight varifocal turret". Is there a reason these cameras are not sold on amazon or ebay i wonder?
The dahua starlight will blow that crap away...
They are available via ebay...see the tread, you dont need ebay..everyone is getting it from empire who provides good service...