Community Pool Installation Pics

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I recently installed an LTS LTN8916-P16 4K NVR along with (9) 4MP turrets at our community pool. Will be adding (3) Huisun Mini PTZ's and (1) Huisun speed dome with auto tracking in the next few weeks to cover the park areas. It wasn't up for more than 5 days before I caught a kid hopping the fence in the middle of the night. He now holds a Criminal Trespass Warning.

2.jpg20160217_173606.jpg20160217_173553.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Travieso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great work what server rack is that? Got a link Install looks good

biggie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@hook3m nice work, looks very good. Are those turrets the 4mp Hikvision 2342WD-I version? Also, what is the lighting situation out there? The night vision seems to have great range.

biggie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry, I left out the word similar in between turrets and the. I meant to ask if the Hiks will perform as well as these.

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@hook3m nice work, looks very good. Are those turrets the 4mp Hikvision 2342WD-I version? Also, what is the lighting situation out there? The night vision seems to have great range.
Sorry, I left out the word similar in between turrets and the. I meant to ask if the Hiks will perform as well as these.
The LTS CMIP3042W-28 and the 2342WD-I is the exact same camera only it runs LTS branded firmware. You can even TFTP Hikvision firmware onto it if you wanted to.

Lighting is great in front with the parking lot lights. On the sides of the building it's quite dark but these turrets have good IR's so it lights up everything within about 20 meters nicely.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
So much neater than what I install for myself. LOL. I've never been a fan of server racks myself. Most server/network related things I buy would not fit in one anyway, and I can get a floor to ceiling metal wire shelving unit for less than half the cost of that small server rack. ;)

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So much neater than what I install for myself. LOL. I've never been a fan of server racks myself. Most server/network related things I buy would not fit in one anyway, and I can get a floor to ceiling metal wire shelving unit for less than half the cost of that small server rack. ;)
Which ones you talking about

biggie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Great. Thanks for the response. I'll get these cameras up eventually.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I recently installed an LTS LTN8916-P16 4K NVR along with (9) 4MP turrets.... I caught a kid hopping the fence in the middle of the night. He now holds a Criminal Trespass Warning.

Hi,
That is a nice clean setup!

I am still researching a setup for my home and have heard good things on the forum about LTS and Hikvision in general so far.
I have a couple of questions please...

1) Why a 4K NVR and no 4K cameras?

2) Why did you go with turrets instead of bullet style? I was assuming turrets were for ceiling mount setups but you have them on walls. Is there some advantage to that design?

3) The cabinet is nice but is a locking "glass" door really vandal proof at all, or is that not really a concern where it is located?
No heat buildup issues?

4) You mentioned catching a trespasser, but I did not see that on the sample footage.
Are the cameras you are using good enough for facial recognition at those distances or how did you actually ID the individual?
(Most important to me is facial recognition for an actual ID \ arrest situation, over just a nice image of my lawn.)

5) Do you have any day\night images or video samples of actual people going by to see how well they appear with your setup?

Thanks!

ipcamal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1) 4k nvr has higher bandwidth which allows for higher fps and more cameras. So even if you are not using 4k cameras it performs better.

2) Turrets are best of both breeds (bullets and domes) They don't have fogging issues like domes do, they don't attract spyders like bullets do and they are less prone to spider webs which can wreak havoc on motion sensors. They also have better IR than domes and some bullets

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi,
That is a nice clean setup!

I am still researching a setup for my home and have heard good things on the forum about LTS and Hikvision in general so far.
I have a couple of questions please...

1) Why a 4K NVR and no 4K cameras?

4K cameras are extremely expensive at the present time. The cost of this 4K NVR is not much more than a HIK 7616NI and it will handle cameras up to 12MP. Won't have to upgrade when 4K cameras become more affordable.

2) Why did you go with turrets instead of bullet style? I was assuming turrets were for ceiling mount setups but you have them on walls. Is there some advantage to that design?

I think ipcamal covered it pretty good. Bullets are very susceptible to cobwebs and considering the height of the location they won't be easy to remove. Plus I like the Matrix IR's in the turrets as they provide much better night vision than typical bullets or domes with IR clusters. Turrets can be wall or ceiling mounted.

3) The cabinet is nice but is a locking "glass" door really vandal proof at all, or is that not really a concern where it is located?
No heat buildup issues?

Nothing is vandal proof, but it's somewhat vandal resistant, but it's not much of an issue here. The cabinet has 2 fans at the top for airflow.

4) You mentioned catching a trespasser, but I did not see that on the sample footage.
Are the cameras you are using good enough for facial recognition at those distances or how did you actually ID the individual?
(Most important to me is facial recognition for an actual ID \ arrest situation, over just a nice image of my lawn.)

I didn't post it because of privacy issues but attached is a screen capture. There is always a trade off when choosing lenses. We opted to use a 2.8mm lenses to cover more area and I will be installing several Huisun PTZ to compliment the turrets for more granular coverage.
Gate.jpg

5) Do you have any day\night images or video samples of actual people going by to see how well they appear with your setup?

For privacy reasons I can't post them. These are not my personal cams.

Thanks!
Responses in red.