Comcast cannot see remote Hikvison cameras

Stephen123

n3wb
Reaction score
We have many cameras and sites. From a comcast site we cannot view remote hikvision cameras. From AT&T sites or DSLExtreme sites we can. From the comcast sites we can view remote d-link cameras. We have 3 comcast sites. The cameras are DS-2CD2032-I, DS-2CD2032F-I, DS-2CD2035-I. The comcast sites will bring up all the tabs on the camera page but the "Live View" tab does not show the picture. If pulled up from AT&T or DSLExtreme sites they come right up. Any answers to this would be greatly appreciated.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
We have many cameras and sites. From a comcast site we cannot view remote hikvision cameras. From AT&T sites or DSLExtreme sites we can. From the comcast sites we can view remote d-link cameras. We have 3 comcast sites. The cameras are DS-2CD2032-I, DS-2CD2032F-I, DS-2CD2035-I. The comcast sites will bring up all the tabs on the camera page but the "Live View" tab does not show the picture. If pulled up from AT&T or DSLExtreme sites they come right up. Any answers to this would be greatly appreciated.
Sounds like a port forwarding issue. Assure you have the proper ports open for video/streaming/rstp

Stephen123

n3wb
Reaction score
Sounds like a port forwarding issue. Assure you have the proper ports open for video/streaming/rstp
I tried changing the ports for weeks. Above 2000 no luck. tried the ports for https:// no luck. The all the cameras from the AT&T and DSLextreme sites can be received from the AT&T and DSLextreme sites. Only the 3 comcast sites cannot receive from the hikvision cameras on any of the sites (but can receive from the d-link cameras on those sites). I personally set up all the sites except one of the comcast sites. Thanks for the quick response.

Stephen123

n3wb
Reaction score
Solved. I use remote desktop to get into 2 of the Comcast sites. For my remote desktop display settings I always choose 15 bit (to save bandwidth). I changed it to 16 bit and that solved it. Also I had to click on the triangle to start the live view. Once done it remembers that on reopening the site. I have not tested the third site yet.