Combining Clips

jdvaughn

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I have been working on consolidating my clips so that they are best setup to allow for me to review quickly with ease, but I am having a heck of a time. I am looking to use the combine and cut feature under the record tab, but it doesnt seem to be doing what I am interpreting it to do.

I was assuming that if I put 24 hrs in the time slot that it would combine all clips from a 24 hour period into one file for that camera. Maybe 24 hrs is a little, much but that was my initial goal. I set it to 24 hours and still end up with lots of different clips from one camera varying from seconds to minutes to hours. What am I missing that I need to do in order to combine the files into say at least 8hr slots (3 a day)?

FYI...I am recording direct to disc and I am not sure if this has an effect on this situation as the video is going straight to the disc and BI is not getting a chance to rearrange into the blocks I want?

Thanks!

-Jared

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you actually seeing a bunch of files in the recording folders? how large are the files?

jdvaughn

n3wb
Reaction score
There are a bunch of separate files in the recordings folder that have started over within the time frame which they would be expected to combine. I set it to 8 hrs today so I would expect 3 recording clips from each of my cameras that were set this way. Maybe 24 hours doesn't work?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You will likely get more than 3 files but not much more...look at the help file for combine and cut..

jdvaughn

n3wb
Reaction score
I did look at the help document and it all made sense, but it doesn't seem to follow those rules/specs. If I ask for it to cut 8 hr windows, why would I get more than 3? I realize it may not start at midnight so maybe you get 4 in one day, but wouldn't expect more than that.

Is that what you are referring to?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I did look at the help document and it all made sense, but it doesn't seem to follow those rules/specs. If I ask for it to cut 8 hr windows, why would I get more than 3? I realize it may not start at midnight so maybe you get 4 in one day, but wouldn't expect more than that.

Is that what you are referring to?
yes