Color bands across my hikvision camera?

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a feeling it's fried because I rebooted it and it didn't do anything, I'm at work so I can't try to hard power it off until I get home but this is what I noticed on one of my cameras today, I bought it February 19, 2014. I am hoping it's not toast though, anyone see this before?

Selection_002.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ive seen this in low light situations. Looks the the light from the windows is causing this.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Ive seen this in low light situations. Looks the the light from the windows is causing this.
really? wow, that's weird, never noticed it before, but then I've only lived in this place about a week, I hope that's all it is!

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Don't panic until you check it out with more light. It is giving you a video signal, so toast isn't quite the word. I was expecting solid color bands in black or other primary color as can be seen with bad imagers and displays. It is practically dark in that room and you've got a high contrast situation with that window. Could be a time of day thing. Time of year (different solar arc). Light bouncing off a vehicle, wall, ... if you're on the ground floor.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I agree with @fenderman & @icerabbit

Looks like a type of Lens Flare with a long shutter, which is typical for low light.. Moving the camera's perspective just slightly might help, or else play with the video settings to darken the image.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Don't panic until you check it out with more light. It is giving you a video signal, so toast isn't quite the word. I was expecting solid color bands in black or other primary color as can be seen with bad imagers and displays. It is practically dark in that room and you've got a high contrast situation with that window. Could be a time of day thing. Time of year (different solar arc). Light bouncing off a vehicle, wall, ... if you're on the ground floor.
Yeah, I get off work here in about 20 minutes then I will go home and turn the light on and stuff and see what happens, it looks fine in night mode, so maybe it's fine, I just never noticed it do that before, you're right though, that room has low light, I have blinds and dark curtains over the front windows to keep light from my 60" TV from being seen by people passing by, I don't want a repeat of the last place I lived in. This was the first one I got and it came from nelly through amazon, I talked to them on chat and they said if it doesn't go away with more light they will RMA it for me so not all is lost.