Color 4K-T

TheE

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sorry if I missed this, but is there any way to have this camera automatically switch between day and night custom profiles? Without the schedule... Like the T5IR-ZE-S3 can do.

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Like the T5IR-ZE-S3 can do
Wait.... T5IR-ZE-S3 can switch PROFILES by itself without a schedule? I've never heard of any Dahuas having that ability. They all seem unable to switch profiles on the basis on lighting, but always need to switch via schedule or external scheduling program.

On the Color4K-T I have not discovered such an ability. I have my Color4K-T's switching via CGI day and night profile commands (equivalent of Dahua day/night utility). It is like all the other web 5.0 GUI cameras I have. It requires me to ALWAYS set to camera to self-adaptive mode after making edits to day or night profiles to make that work.

Setting it to self-adaptive makes the camera responsive to external day / night profile commands, but you have to remember to do that every time and then trigger the camera externally into the correct profile.

I know someone here uses an alternative method of altering the schedule table via CGI. I might eventually switch to that strategy, but with how I'm discovering that the EEPROM on cameras wears out I worry whether doing such schedule change or other permanently stored commands will wear out the EEPROM

TheE

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Wait.... T5IR-ZE-S3 can switch PROFILES by itself without a schedule? I've never heard of any Dahuas having that ability. They all seem unable to switch profiles on the basis on lighting, but always need to switch via schedule or external scheduling program.

On the Color4K-T I have not discovered such an ability. I have my Color4K-T's switching via CGI day and night profile commands (equivalent of Dahua day/night utility). It is like all the other web 5.0 GUI cameras I have. It requires me to ALWAYS set to camera to self-adaptive mode after making edits to day or night profiles to make that work.

Setting it to self-adaptive makes the camera responsive to external day / night profile commands, but you have to remember to do that every time and then trigger the camera externally into the correct profile.

I know someone here uses an alternative method of altering the schedule table via CGI. I might eventually switch to that strategy, but with how I'm discovering that the EEPROM on cameras wears out I worry whether doing such schedule change or other permanently stored commands will wear out the EEPROM
Yes, sir, all the T5IR-ZE-S3s we have set up do this. Here are the settings that were used to make this work:

Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 21.50.51.png

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Yep the new GUI cameras have a day/night switch that actually work like we expect them to!

ThomasCamFan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm a new Color4K-T user. And this is the first IPC I've installed with the new Web interface.

I saw the profile scheduler, which requires manually entering the day/night times for each month. This is nice, but any chance this camera has a light sensor that can switch day/night based on outdoor light level?

- Thomas

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a new Color4K-T user. And this is the first IPC I've installed with the new Web interface.

I saw the profile scheduler, which requires manually entering the day/night times for each month. This is nice, but any chance this camera has a light sensor that can switch day/night based on outdoor light level?

- Thomas
Yes it can do that - and the cameras with the new GUI are the first ones that actually have the day/night work like we expect them to LOL.

ThomasCamFan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes it can do that - and the cameras with the new GUI are the first ones that actually have the day/night work like we expect them to LOL.
Good to hear that. But all I can find is the profile scheduler (calendar method). I've continued to dig in the menus and don't see how to enable my day/night profiles from the camera's light sensor. So it seems I need some hand-holding on this function.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Good to hear that. But all I can find is the profile scheduler (calendar method). I've continued to dig in the menus and don't see how to enable my day/night profiles from the camera's light sensor. So it seems I need some hand-holding on this function.
You are right - my bad. It had been awhile since I was in this camera GUI and just pulled it up. Yeah you are stuck with the calendar method. It is the cams with IR that allow it.

Or see if your field of view is such that you can get by with just one profile. If you have any light at all or are ok with the white light on, you can get buy with one.

ThomasCamFan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I populated the schedule's calendar with local sunrise/sunset times for the middle of each month.

- Thomas