CodeProject.ai with License Plate Reader module - HowTo?

jeremycolvin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You don't understand what I am saying LOL.

If you are not running a schedule or an outside utility to force it into a DAY or NIGHT profile, then you are only running one profile. That one profile will adjust during the day when enough light even though you set it to manual for at night. So what happened is daylight came and the focus adjusted and just happens to be on your focus number for the day. Come tonight, you will see that it stays at what the focus number is right now. That is because the camera internally is running an arbitrary day/night "profile" based on available light, so come tonight it will stay at this day focus number.
Ahh. Ok, gotchya. Ty

jeremycolvin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is correct. It is a different chipset so you cannot flash the old GUi firmware.

It is just a matter of figuring out the API for the new GUI. Someone will. It might be me lol. For all wr know the focus and zoom API may be the same, and we already figured out the API for day and night.
The API doesn't appear to be the same (I'm assuming this because it didn't work when I went through the instructions and tried to induce)... so now I'm on the hunt for the right commands.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The API doesn't appear to be the same (I'm assuming this because it didn't work when I went through the instructions and tried to induce)... so now I'm on the hunt for the right commands.
That's a bummer and figures lol :banghead:

Time to start trying different configurations lol. The latest API manual hasn't been updated to include the new GUI.

jeremycolvin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, I have a 4K-T which uses the new GUI. The day/night commands are a little different but I am using them.

Do you believe this cam with the new chipset will be as good for LPR as the old trusted 5241 z12e?
What commands are you using on the new GUI?

jeremycolvin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You don't understand what I am saying LOL.

If you are not running a schedule or an outside utility to force it into a DAY or NIGHT profile, then you are only running one profile. That one profile will adjust during the day when enough light even though you set it to manual for at night. So what happened is daylight came and the focus adjusted and just happens to be on your focus number for the day. Come tonight, you will see that it stays at what the focus number is right now. That is because the camera internally is running an arbitrary day/night "profile" based on available light, so come tonight it will stay at this day focus number.
Interesting update... both of my cams just auto-switched to night b&w - and BOTH of them auto-set to the correct 1370 and 1487 (what they were set at last night. This morning, both cameras auto switched to 1356 and 1475 - I get that I could have "just gotten lucky" when they auto switched to "day" - but it seems unlikely that it's just "luck" that they did the same thing tonight when switching to night. I'm just not that lucky. maybe they've done something with the new bios to hold the last known setting correctly?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting update... both of my cams just auto-switched to night b&w - and BOTH of them auto-set to the correct 1370 and 1487 (what they were set at last night. This morning, both cameras auto switched to 1356 and 1475 - I get that I could have "just gotten lucky" when they auto switched to "day" - but it seems unlikely that it's just "luck" that they did the same thing tonight when switching to night. I'm just not that lucky. maybe they've done something with the new bios to hold the last known setting correctly?
Let's see what tomorrow brings lol. Or the schedule did take even though it is showing it didn't lol.

jeremycolvin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Let's see what tomorrow brings lol. Or the schedule did take even though it is showing it didn't lol.
It definitely wasnt the schedule changing. I disabled it when it didnt work an hour ago. (An hour befor the cam auto switched to night)

I'm going to watch it over the next few days/nights switches to verify.

f1restarter

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What commands are you using on the new GUI?
The commands I use for day/night profile for my 4K-T are as following:

Night profile:
Code:
http://USER:PW@IPADDRESS/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoInOptions[].NightOptions.SwitchMode=3&VideoInOptions[].NightOptions.DayNightColor=0
Day profile:
Code:
 http://USER:PW@IPADDRESS/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoInOptions[].NightOptions.SwitchMode=0&VideoInOptions[].NightOptions.DayNightColor=0
These were provided by @wittaj in another thread. Since the 4K-T is not a varifocal, I don't have any API for setting zoom/focus. If you look in Dahua day/night switch utility - DahuaSunriseSunset there will be a detailed explanation on how to use Blue Iris to automatically send these commands to your camera based on your geolocation and sunrise/sunset times.

jeremycolvin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It definitely wasnt the schedule changing. I disabled it when it didnt work an hour ago. (An hour befor the cam auto switched to night)

I'm going to watch it over the next few days/nights switches to verify.
Day #2, BOTH cam settings auto-returned to correct daytime focus on their own.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Day #2, BOTH cam settings auto-returned to correct daytime focus on their own.
Then using Chrome or Firefox or whatever you used must have a night schedule in there even if you don't see how - how else is the camera switching day and night focus lol

jeremycolvin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Then using Chrome or Firefox or whatever you used must have a night schedule in there even if you don't see how - how else is the camera switching day and night focus lol
Because, like I said before, it seems to be built into the interface...

daynight.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In theory the day/night is supposed to switch between day and night profile based on available light. For some it works and others it doesn't, which is why the sunrise/sunset utility was created.

Using day/night mine would work a few days and then would stick to a profile and simply switch color or b/w.

So I would say continue to monitor it.

jeremycolvin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In theory the day/night is supposed to switch between day and night profile based on available light. For some it works and others it doesn't, which is why the sunrise/sunset utility was created.

Using day/night mine would work a few days and then would stick to a profile and simply switch color or b/w.

So I would say continue to monitor it.
So far, so good, have been checking every day and every night... without fail, the settings have auto-set exactly correctly on both cameras both in day and night. Looks like maybe they officially got that fixed :)

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Open for suggestions. Not showing any logging in CPAI on my Z12E LPR cam.

Screenshot 2023-08-25 174916.pngScreenshot 2023-08-25 174627.pngScreenshot 2023-08-25 174710.pngScreenshot 2023-08-25 175230.pngScreenshot 2023-08-25 175335.pngScreenshot 2023-08-25 175409.pngScreenshot 2023-08-25 175449.pngScreenshot 2023-08-25 175516.pngScreenshot 2023-08-25 175618.pngScreenshot 2023-08-25 175750.pngScreenshot 2023-08-25 175852.pngScreenshot 2023-08-25 175928.pngScreenshot 2023-08-25 180124.png