CodeProject.AI Version 2.0

prsmith777

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When I was writing the code I only had 3060, 3060ti, 3090, and 4090 GPUs to test with. Chris from CP.AI added in the restriction into the code because older GPU was not working.

View attachment 181915
Yes, I remember your advice to modify this json file in the settings and decrease compute minimum capability to below 6 to try to get my 1060 to work...variable results OK with one CP.AI version but no go with another.

There needs to be a page on their site with updated accurate info, and with complete install and uninstall guide. Seems info is scattered all over the place.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, I remember your advice to modify this json file in the settings and decrease compute minimum capability to below 6 to try to get my 1060ti to work...variable results OK with one CP.AI version but no go with another.

There needs to be a page on their site with updated accurate info, and with complete install and uninstall guide. Seems info is scattered all over the place.
Post 1 of this Thread would be a good start...but it could get quite big, just look at our Doorbell 101 ;)

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Mike can I make a suggestion with some of this? After reading the last post, I went to your Installation page in Post 1 of this thread and below are the trouble shooting help notes:

They make some huge assumptions with regard to users knowledge on how to program in a pc. Could I suggest you make the guide average pc user proof because many pc users aren't programmers so won't know how to even open a terminal?

A good example of assumed knowledge that amongst the above instructions I found these for help with re-installation:

"How to reinstall a module

Option 1 with a vengeance: If that fails, head to the module's folder ([app root]\modules\module-id), open a terminal in admin mode, and run ..\..\setup. This will force a manual reinstall using the install script."
It says open a terminal. As a non programmer, even I don't understand that. The standard way of using Run is to type "Run" into the search box at the bottom left of windows and then type the item you want to run into that window. 99% of PC users don't know how to even do that.

Even then, the use of the word "Terminal" and "Admin Mode" would make me suspect you want the user to actually open a Command Line Prompt not the Run App. Again 99% of PC users don't know how to open a Command Line . Even if you know how to open a command line prompt, you get the standard:

C:\Windows\system32>

So is that:

C:\Windows\system32>run sudo bash...\...\setup ?

Most people don't know if you can or can't use a run command after the command prompt. I don't even though I know how to open run and do some commands in Command Prompt (I've only used the Windows run command box as a run command before) I tried it using just run with no file path as a pure test scenario and got a message saying "command not recognised". That wasn't "file path not specified" which leads me to believe you you probably can't use run after the command prompt, although I'm guessing you probably can in some way given the instructions say open a terminal in admin mode and the Windows Run Command Box doesn't have an admin mode option.

Equally, even if a user resolves that, I doubt many who aren't programmers or who don't work in IT would know what to fill in for the file path, ie the gaps in the dots between bash...\...\setup.

I think it would be really helpful from a perspective of making it accessible to as many as possible and helping to reduce support requests to maybe explain the process further down to avergae pc user level as opposed to some knowledge of programming level or working in IT level as atm even quite advanced PC users can be left unable to know how to proceed. Some basic instruction on how to open a terminal would both clear up which command prompt to use (Run or CMD Prompt) and instruct Joe Average who doesn't even know what a terminal is, on how to open one. Some explanation of how to execute a "run" command and the file path ie what should be replacing ....\.,..\ would also clear up issues where someone has got as far as opening the terminal but doesn't know what to do next.

Just a suggestion to reduce support dependency.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Mike can I make a suggestion with some of this? After reading the last post, I went to your Installation page in Post 1 of this thread and below are the trouble shooting help notes:

They make some huge assumptions with regard to users knowledge on how to program in a pc. Could I suggest you make the guide average pc user proof because many pc users aren't programmers so won't know how to even open a terminal?

A good example of assumed knowledge that amongst the above instructions I found these for help with re-installation:

It says open a terminal. As a non programmer, even I don't understand that. The standard way of using Run is to type "Run" into the search box at the bottom left of windows and then type the item you want to run into that window. 99% of PC users don't know how to even do that.

Even then, the use of the word "Terminal" and "Admin Mode" would make me suspect you want the user to actually open a Command Line Prompt not the Run App. Again 99% of PC users don't know how to open a Command Line . Even if you know how to open a command line prompt, you get the standard:

C:\Windows\system32>

So is that:

C:\Windows\system32>run sudo bash...\...\setup ?

Most people don't know if you can or can't use a run command after the command prompt. I don't even though I know how to open run and do some commands in Command Prompt (I've only used the Windows run command box as a run command before) I tried it using just run with no file path as a pure test scenario and got a message saying "command not recognised". That wasn't "file path not specified" which leads me to believe you you probably can't use run after the command prompt, although I'm guessing you probably can in some way given the instructions say open a terminal in admin mode and the Windows Run Command Box doesn't have an admin mode option.

Equally, even if a user resolves that, I doubt many who aren't programmers or who don't work in IT would know what to fill in for the file path, ie the gaps in the dots between bash...\...\setup.

I think it would be really helpful from a perspective of making it accessible to as many as possible and helping to reduce support requests to maybe explain the process further down to avergae pc user level as opposed to some knowledge of programming level or working in IT level as atm even quite advanced PC users can be left unable to know how to proceed. Some basic instruction on how to open a terminal would both clear up which command prompt to use (Run or CMD Prompt) and instruct Joe Average who doesn't even know what a terminal is, on how to open one. Some explanation of how to execute a "run" command and the file path ie what should be replacing ....\.,..\ would also clear up issues where someone has got as far as opening the terminal but doesn't know what to do next.

Just a suggestion to reduce support dependency.
If you just type in "run" in the windows search box, that opens up the run command box but that will expect a single command. You have to know what you are doing to use just "run". However, if you click the bottom left windows icon (used to be called "Start" years ago) on the desktop you can just type in "cmd". If you press enter that will open the terminal/command prompt. Before you hit enter but after you type in "cmd", you can also right click on the command prompt box and then left click on "Run as administrator". That will give you elevated privileges.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
If you just type in "run" in the windows search box, that opens up the run command box but that will expect a single command. You have to know what you are doing to use just "run". However, if you click the bottom left windows icon (used to be called "Start" years ago) on the desktop you can just type in "cmd". If you press enter that will open the terminal/command prompt. Before you hit enter but after you type in "cmd", you can also right click on the command prompt box and then left click on "Run as administrator". That will give you elevated privileges.
Thanks. I do know personally how to do this but a lot of users do not. As I mentioned above, it's not clear which command you should be using nor what parameters to enter into that. For someone with professional or extensive IT experience yes, but for the average user, I think the instructions would benefit from being a little more comprehensive and that would probably reduce the support load in return.

Saargebeat

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey there

i just found out that we got ALPR :) How to set this up so it works together with "normal" detection (person, cat, dog,car, ...) and face recognition?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey there

i just found out that we got ALPR :) How to set this up so it works together with "normal" detection (person, cat, dog,car, ...) and face recognition?
For most it would be two cameras - one for LPR and one for other stuff.

Saargebeat

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks

One last question: I did just update BI and CodeProject.AI
it seem to have lost my selected object detection. I installed all versions to see which one works. It looks like its YOLOv5 6.2 (Windows CPU) and now situation is like:
Face Processing 1.8.1and Object Detection YOLOv5 6.2 both run. Then suddenly one of both will stop, then the other will stop and like face is running again, then both run again and so on

Is there any known issue if both are running?
Is YOLOv5 6.2 maybe wrong to use if i am on Windows System with only CPU (got CUDA, but no nvidia card anymore; just a basic onboard intel GPU)

best regards

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
thanks

it seem to have lost my selected object detection. I installed all versions to see which one works. It looks like its YOLOv5 6.2 (Windows CPU) and now situation is like:
Face Processing 1.8.1and Object Detection YOLOv5 6.2 both run. Then suddenly one of both will stop, then the other will stop and like face is running again, then both run again and so on

Is YOLOv5 6.2 maybe wrong to use if i am on Windows System with only CPU (got CUDA, but no nvidia card anymore; just a basic onboard intel GPU)

best regards
For CPU only try using Yolov5.NET and click the gear and select "disable gpu" It will give you the fastest times. if you are not using Face detection, then turn it off.

1704984403070.png

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
If i start this, i dont have GPU menu entries.... only Model Size. Also it does not start to work when trigger occurs. Only 6.2 works?!
Always try the F5 key to refresh screen when you don't see a option showing. Also make sure your BI shows the models in this box if you are using custom models. I just reboot the pc and it always seems to sync everything.

1704995098968.png

Saargebeat

n3wb
Reaction score
I remove the checkbox "Use GPU" in the GUI. Strange that it did work with this setting on while i am not having nvidia GPU anymore

Still i am wondering about the issue when having Face and Object both active ... then they crash both after certain time.

Additional issue: BI just updated and now it cant find the CodeProject-Service anymore.Ill try to reinstall, but download speed is at 10kb/s right now :-D

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I remove the checkbox "Use GPU" in the GUI. Strange that it did work with this setting on while i am not having nvidia GPU anymore

Still i am wondering about the issue when having Face and Object both active ... then they crash both after certain time.

Additional issue: BI just updated and now it cant find the CodeProject-Service anymore.Ill try to reinstall, but download speed is at 10kb/s right now :-D
No need to reinstall, this is normal after a BI update. Just reboot computer and all will work again OR you can stop/start the CP service, which sometimes is a pain in the ass within BI. Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't. I prefer to reboot PC method.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
thanks

best regards
Also make sure auto start stop is unchecked in BI, like in tinman's image.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am seeing an issue with 2.4.7 where when gpu is enabled with the yolov5 .net model so that the intel gpu can be used, it returns nothing found all the time despite analyzing the portion of the image where there is clearly a vehicle/person (this is verified in BI where the details show its not finding anything). For testing I have two systems that run the same version of BI and CPAI. Only one exhibits this problem. It works fine on an i5-8500 but on a newer i5-12500 I get nothing found until I switch back to cpu.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
New Release CodeProject.AI v2.5-RC4

v2.5-RC4 Updates

• Dynamic Explorer UI: Each module now supplies its own UI for the explorer
  • Support for sound audition modules in the explorer
  • Improved dashboard
  • Updated module settings schema that includes module author and original project acknowledgement
  • Installer fixes
  • Improved Jetson support
  • Windows on Arm support

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
With the release of 2.5-RC4 there is a new module Sound Classifier (TensorFlow). Below is a list of the sounds that it will detect.
When installing and starting the module you might see some red logs, this can be ignored, the module will work.
Next we need Blue Iris (Ken) to add sound AI

1705196437346.png
  • air_conditioner
  • car_horn
  • children_playing
  • dog_bark
  • drilling
  • engine_idling
  • gun_shot
  • jackhammer
  • siren
  • street_music

1705196663268.png
1705196973380.png

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
With the release of 2.5-RC4 there is a new module Sound Classifier (TensorFlow). Below is a list of the sounds that it will detect.
When installing and starting the module you might see some red logs, this can be ignored, the module will work.
Next we need Blue Iris (Ken) to add sound AI

View attachment 182713
  • air_conditioner
  • car_horn
  • children_playing
  • dog_bark
  • drilling
  • engine_idling
  • gun_shot
  • jackhammer
  • siren
  • street_music

View attachment 182714
View attachment 182715
Can Glass Breaking be added to the sounds?