CodeProject.AI Version 2.0

mike2246

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, I have substreams off on BI so I can view in better quality. Hope the attached help.

Vapour from my boiler causes a load of CPU jump!
why is mark as vehicle set to person?

Chicken

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a good current document on how to setup and tune CPAI? I am looking at this from moving to substreams, recommended size/quality of those streams, which models to use, etc. I see so much conflicting information between this forum, BI's forum, reddit and CPAI website. It would be great to build a site somewhere with "best practices" to make this all work easier so we can all spend time on other projects. I am game to document this but I dont have 200 hours to try every combination of settings and dig through all the various sources of information as some of them seem very dated at this point as well. Thanks!

tmushy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a good current document on how to setup and tune CPAI? I am looking at this from moving to substreams, recommended size/quality of those streams, which models to use, etc. I see so much conflicting information between this forum, BI's forum, reddit and CPAI website. It would be great to build a site somewhere with "best practices" to make this all work easier so we can all spend time on other projects. I am game to document this but I dont have 200 hours to try every combination of settings and dig through all the various sources of information as some of them seem very dated at this point as well. Thanks!
Iv been using codeproject ai with a google coral. I tried the 3 models and just ended up sticking with the small model size mobilenetssd one . Its the default one enabled for the coral plugin. Not really much tweaking you can do with the program really. Its been working great for a few months.
Are you running bare metal blueiris? I recommend getting a coral device as it takes a lot of stress of your cpu for processing ai. I have a few of them and my favorite one is the pci express route. Get a dual edge tpu and there is a guy that make a pci express adapter for it.

mike2246

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm using a Minipc for my Unraid BI server. If I get a USB coral device how do I configure it to work?
Or instead of USB do they make a coral that fits in the internal wifi chip slot since I'm not using it.

Last edited:

tmushy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm using a Minipc for my Unraid BI server. If I get a USB coral device how do I configure it to work?
Or instead of USB do they make a coral that fits in the internal wifi chip slot since I'm not using it.
They do make one that fits in that Wi-Fi chip slot. I recommend going that route. I have a USB one and I had issues with it. Some people don't but I personally did

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Link please?
This is the WiFi tpu I used in my lenovo thinkcenter. Works faster than the USB.
I've also just ordered a m2 WiFi format tpu and m2 b+m tpu format to have a selection.
I have an a+e format that I bought by error.
Need a pcie adapter for that which I haven't bought yet.
May see if I can sell that one. Bit of an odd format unfortunately

Also if you've got a sff/tff you don't want usb devices flopping about. Just makes it tidier

Last edited:

mike2246

n3wb
Reaction score
Than
This is the WiFi tpu I used in my lenovo thinkcenter. Works faster than the USB.
I've also just ordered a m2 WiFi format tpu and m2 b+m tpu format to have a selection.

Also if you've got a sff/tff you don't want usb devices flopping about. Just makes it tidier
Thanks, I have the SER5 mini

Thanks, I have the SER5 mini. So WiFi adapter probably only option for me. Does the Coral AI do anything for photo or video editing? Or just for codeproject?

mailseth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It’s purpose built for AI, and won’t do more general calculations like a GPU would. I’d also recommend the one that fits in your WiFi slot. The USB ones tend to be trouble.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It’s purpose built for AI, and won’t do more general calculations like a GPU would. I’d also recommend the one that fits in your WiFi slot. The USB ones tend to be trouble.
True. I had trouble with the usb on my small lenovo as it would sometimes change usb device number so had to update the proxmox lxc config.
But now it's been on my unraid server solid for 1 year.
But yeah I've been testing the WiFi tpu and very impressed with it so ordered more. One for the unraid and another m2 for a 2nd pc.

tmushy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
True. I had trouble with the usb on my small lenovo as it would sometimes change usb device number so had to update the proxmox lxc config.
But now it's been on my unraid server solid for 1 year.
But yeah I've been testing the WiFi tpu and very impressed with it so ordered more. One for the unraid and another m2 for a 2nd pc.
I too was impressed with them. Ended up ordering a few of each they had. I currently run a few with the pci express adapter and another with a raspberry pi5 with the ai hat. The pi5 is flawless and rock solid.

mike2246

n3wb
Reaction score
Than

Thanks, I have the SER5 mini

Thanks, I have the SER5 mini. So WiFi adapter probably only option for me. Does the Coral AI do anything for photo or video editing? Or just for codeproject?
ordered the wrong one, got the mini pc apart and the wifi slot says M.2 Wifi 2230
will this card work below? the only difference is it says M.2 2230 E if not they have another that is M.2 2230-A-E-S3