CodeProject AI Server running on separate computer

8trek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After spending 10's of hours trying to get the GPU version of DeepStack to work with BI and the fact that CodeProject SenseAI doesn't currently support GPU, i've moved on to Plan B which is to utilize a second server running SenseAi. Leaving BI out of the equation, if i try to use t he web browser ip address:5000 doesn't work. Keep in mind i have disabled all firewall settings and SenseAI service is NOT running on the main BI server so should be no port conflicts. What am i doing wrong? Thanks.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I have tried doing this as well with same result, it's possible that SenseAI is only supported on localhost at this time.

8trek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
use localhost in stead of 127.0.0.1. that got it working for me.
You're not following... I'll try to clarify... in the scenario i'm describing i have 2 computers, 1 running BI and pointing to another computer that's doing the analysis... in BI you have to specify the IP address of the 2nd computer, using "localhost" means you're looking for the analysis locally not on another computer.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No need to make multiple threads about basically the same thing.

8trek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Seems like a month ago I read somewhere the GPU version of SenseAI was coming out soon. Does anyone know what the latest is on that? I gave up trying to use the gpu version of deep state stack and also gave up on trying to run the cpu version on a 2nd computer so just been in a holding pattern and trying to keep my cpu usage down but lately getting a bunch of constant AI restarted messages in the logs and computer just crashing assume because pushing the computer more than it can handle based on event viewer logs. I'm running a pretty beafy computer and have used sub streams where applicable.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Seems like a month ago I read somewhere the GPU version of SenseAI was coming out soon. Does anyone know what the latest is on that? I gave up trying to use the gpu version of deep state stack and also gave up on trying to run the cpu version on a 2nd computer so just been in a holding pattern and trying to keep my cpu usage down but lately getting a bunch of constant AI restarted messages in the logs and computer just crashing assume because pushing the computer more than it can handle based on event viewer logs. I'm running a pretty beafy computer and have used sub streams where applicable.
Not release as yet.

kaltertod

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any update to this? I am looking at bringing a second BI server online and want to share gpu resources on an external machine with the new BI server.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Yup can confirm it works. I have my BI VM using CodeProject AI but CodeProject is not actually running in that VM. In the BI VM, I made sure that BI Code Project is pointing to my desktop with my GTX 2060 where CodeProject AI is installed. Works great. Inference times are under 60ms.

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yup can confirm it works. I have my BI VM using CodeProject AI but CodeProject is not actually running in that VM. In the BI VM, I made sure that BI Code Project is pointing to my desktop with my GTX 2060 where CodeProject AI is installed. Works great. Inference times are under 60ms.
I am running codeproject on docker via unRAID on my main server. Where did you end up putting the MikeLud custom models? On the server hosting the codeproject AI? Or can I just download the zip from GitHub and drop it on my blueiris machine and point the custom folder directory to it?