Code project AI no longer triggering alerts

staind204

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Out of the blue my BI Code Project AI stopped detecting motion. Last one I received was yesterday afternoon.

Nothing changed. I tried to reboot the PC but that didn't work. I checked the code project ai server page and it shows "Object Detection (YOLOv5 6.2)" is started. Motion detection is enabled on the camera. I know it's not a pushover app issue because it's not even showing any alerts registered in BI.

Any idea what could be wrong? Nothing has changed, it's been working fine for about 2 months.

BI 5.7.4.2 x64

Edit: I have rebooted 3 times. I went ahead and updated BI to the latest version (5 7.6.8) and rebooted. Nothing. Updated code project AI from 2.1.6.0 to 2.1.9.0 and rebooted. Nothing. I'm out of ideas and pretty frustrated this just stopped working out of the blue. Motion alerts are critical for me so this is a real downer and very unexpected.

Edit 2: Since I updated code project AI, I read they moved from using port 5000 to 32168. I confirmed in the code project dash it shows 32168 so I updated the port in the general BI AI tab. Didn't fix or change anything.

Last edited:

staind204

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Final update for the night. After updating BI and Code Project AI, updating the AI port from 5000 to 32168, stopping and starting the code project AI server many times, and rebooting the PC 5 or 6 times...it seems to be working again.

If anyone has a clue why this happened or how I can prevent it in the future please let me know.

Last edited:

EastOver

n3wb
Reaction score
Next time try power cycling your cameras. On rainy nights or times of excessive motion detection one or two of my cameras require a power cycle to get things started again.

staind204

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Next time try power cycling your cameras. On rainy nights or times of excessive motion detection one or two of my cameras require a power cycle to get things started again.
Good thought but unfortunately it was multiple cameras. I never rebooted them during my troubleshooting and eventually got the alerts working again so I don't think it was the cams.

Still not a bad idea to power cycle them periodically though!

Greg Boca

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same problem-Updated CPAI to 2.1.9 using BI (5.7.7.19x64).
CPAI had errors--gave up trying to fix those.
BI tech support suggested rolling back to CPAI ver 2.0. Best I can tell, 2.0.8 seemed to be stable.
But I can't find any link to download earlier versions.
Does anyone know where they are?

staind204

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Strange you had issues. I've been running BI 5.7.6.8 and CPAI 2.1.9.0 fine since my initial posts. Not sure how I got it to work again but it's been solid the past 2 weeks.

staind204

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's hopeful - maybe I should try again with 2.1.9. My tolerance for things breaking on my BI machine is pretty low.
If you try again, double check the CPAI port. When I updated the version I had to change it from 5000 to 32168. I guess they changed it in one of the more recent releases. Good luck!

Sabot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Similar issues here. Mine won't trigger on both cameras since July 16th evening. I have been troubleshooting and searching the forum for ideas. I am at the point where I need to go back to old-school (no CPAI) triggers until I can figure out the AI issue.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Similar issues here. Mine won't trigger on both cameras since July 16th evening. I have been troubleshooting and searching the forum for ideas. I am at the point where I need to go back to old-school (no CPAI) triggers until I can figure out the AI issue.
Well, I finally got it working with 2.1.9... I did not "do" anything. I removed 2.0.8 and installed 2.1.9, again, as usual, and it was not working.
So, I decided to remove it and revert back to 2.0.8. Under the Windows Add/Remove system settings I selected CPAI to remove, but instead
of removing I clicked "Repair". It chugged along for several minutes and I fired Blue Iris back up and it is now working... :rolleyes: