Cloud Based Security Systems

spyfly81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a couple of clients that just want 1 or 2 cameras with as little as setup as possible, so I was looking into some cloud based systems and was wondering if anyone has used any of them and if you would recommend them.

The 1 client in mind has a high speed internet connection and just wants to record motion detection and must have a way to see the video from their smart phone on the go.

thoughts?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Never used this but
FLIR has indoor and outdoor cloud cameras...they offer some very advanced video review
http://www.flir.com/flirfx/content/?id=67547
The flir cams allow local sd record as well..battery backup built in...
may also provide an rtsp stream but I dont know...
Or just use a small NVR, they are cheap enough and no monthly fees.

spyfly81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
that is what I am thinking.. maybe I can look into a cheap onvif system, I really want to help the people they just want to cover their doors. Sometimes cutting yourself short ends up biting you in the a$$

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
that is what I am thinking.. maybe I can look into a cheap onvif system, I really want to help the people they just want to cover their doors. Sometimes cutting yourself short ends up biting you in the a$$
You can also simply use a camera with SD card...done..

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Why not install hik cube cams and set them up with NVMS7000 on their phones?

spyfly81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why not install hik cube cams and set them up with NVMS7000 on their phones?
Anyway to have use some type of cloud service without port forwarding for them to access the devices when not at home?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyway to have use some type of cloud service without port forwarding for them to access the devices when not at home?
If you dont want to port forward use vpn...still cheaper than paying a monthly fee.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Cloud still requires network access correct? The hik cubes have SD slots for SD cards. You can use poe or 12v dc adapter.

spyfly81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Cloud still requires network access correct? The hik cubes have SD slots for SD cards. You can use poe or 12v dc adapter.
Blake I am thinking that is the way to go.. the issue is that the hik cubes aren't made for outdoors?

Also has anyone used the ezviz p2p service? that is really what I am looking for I believe

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes you are correct. There are a few that have installed them on their porch or soffit with success. Check out the 2cd2120-IF on Nellys. It's and outdoor dome that has SD card recording and wifi if you need it.