close range and brush/obstacles... IR illumination or LED and color night vision ir just color?

Reaction score
So when placing a camera 45 degrees off the side of a building with a close (<25ft) treeline that has very heavy underbrush is it better to have color or b&w at night. Really considering giving one of the 5mp amcrest color night visions a try.

Also regarding the 180 degree cameras... can you place one of those ofn a 20ff wall and have the Cera actually pick upother a

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you willing to run the camera with the built in white light or have enough white light available? If not, then you need a camera with IR.

But 5MP is also not on the ideal MP/sensor ratio so it will struggle at night.

But at the same time, the full color cameras are 2.8 or 3.6mm, and they are not going to IDENTIFY past your 25 foot treeline, so the infrared really wouldn't be an issue.

The biggest issue is when the trees/shrubs are between the person/vehicle and the camera and that is when the IR bounce is problematic. but if the people/cars are in front of the treeline, not a big issue.

Reaction score
Yellow one is the light I want to put in. Tree line with thick brush is like 15ft away. The big vblack radius/dots to the left is the tree line around tree line backyard. Right now I have issues with my cameras seeing into it at al with the obnoxious street light in my backyard. But when winter comes around it all clears out so that you can clearly see to the road. Right now you just see glimpses of headlights. All are starlight cams but the cyan one on bottom left corner. Its some 5mp $40 reolink and honestly is about 75% as good for 1/4 the cost. For the yellow one we are discussing I was thinking an IR illuminator might cause too much reflection. It is the darkest part of the property there. But yes I was thinking maybe a visible led cam light would atleast penetrate the brush somewhat and give a clear image since its all close. Would a 180 degree cam in the center of the short end rather than the corner where I drew it pick up both sides/corners?

Any suggestions for the treeline on the lefft on seeing into the treeline with the glare from the street light and a 70-100ft backyard? Right now Im just leaning towards spending a couple hundred on illuminators and putting them on the roof.

Attachments

Last edited: