Cloned camera for each zone ?

mickiete

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a fixed camera that covers an area where I want it to control a PTZ to move to any of the 3 zones it covers using A>B (zone 1), A>C (zone 2) and A>D (zone 3).
My question is, would I be better cloning the fixed camera with 1 zone setup on each, or doing all zones on just the main screen.

Or is there a correct way to do this ?

Thanks

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
You also can set up different zones for each preset under the PTZ/Control tab > Edit Preset button > Motion detection > Override motion zones > Edit.

Both clones and the independent preset zones can be used in combination depending on what you're trying to do.

mickiete

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The fixed camera is watching over carpark entrance Z1, and 2 other zones where cars park Z2 & Z3.
I want the PTZ to move to the different zones when someone/car moves the that area and stay there until (or pre-set time) has stopped.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Assuming that the fixed cam sees all 3 areas, basically:

• Make 2 other clones.
  • Define the different Z1-Z3 zones in the Edit motion zones screen for each fixed/clone cam.
  • Define appropriate presets for the PTZ.
  • Define a camera group for the PTZ.
  • For for each fixed/clone cam on Trigger tab, check Move to PTZ preset, select the number for the corresponding PTZ preset,
  • Same screen check Move Camera Groups and select the group you defined for the PTZ.

You also can trigger the same group and/or do the motion detection on the PTZ main or for each preset as works best.

Need to set Resume cycle/schedule after inactivity on the PTZ/Control tab on the PTZ cam for how long it stays there before returning to whatever home position (or is moved again),

You'll likely have to play around with it all some to handle things that don't fit that well. e.g., What happens when both get triggered? Other cams picking up IR from moving cam as motion, etc.