Clips posting instead of videos? What happened?

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm wondering what I did to start making my alerts come in as just a jpeg. I haven't done anything to my BI, so I'm wondering what is going on.
When I go into my phone to view my BI and the alerts, the alerts are now coming in as just a picture instead of a video. I have never had that happen before. I didn't do an update, I didn't change anything at all. There are some that are videos but most are just jpeg. Any words of wisdom from the wise would be great. Thanks.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is this since you started using BI with Zerotier on Thursday or is that someone else's BI install?

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That BI install is on another machine. Not the one I was talking about in the other post. This is on a whole different network.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you have more than one network interface/IP for your BI server? Check the IP address/adapter under Settings > Web server.

Had the same happen after I changed routers. While things were down, BI decided to pick different interface. The clips are sent with the alert as links back to your BI server. The IP that shows there is what's sent within the link as the address. So if it's wrong, the alert won't be looking in the right place when it tries to link back.

ETA: Scratch the above. Sorry, I missed that you are getting images. So not that. You wouldn't be getting any image/clip.

Last edited: