Clips play for a few seconds then freeze

rmw85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure if its related to the .13 and .14 recent releases or hard drive but when i play back the clips on either my phone or Blue Iris itself the clip plays for 2 seconds then just freezes. I'm wondering if it also has something todo with the fact that the folder i have my clips stored to is getting to the point where its full and has to delete before new clips can be made on it.

Anyone else have this issue? I'm going to try and clean up some old clips and see if the problem goes away.

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have this issue all the time and have had it for over a year. There really seems to be no clear answer as to what is going on. People make suggestions about matching I-Frames to fps and other things, but nothing seems to help. I will get 4 and 5 seconds pauses in the middle of videos. It is really very annoying.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What is the cpu usage? what format are you recording to? Have you excluded your antivirus from blue iris as indicated in the help file?

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am recording to BVR, direct to disc. No antivirus or anything on the machine. The CPU usage is usually in the 60-70%. However, I see the same behavior if I copy the BVR to my desktop machine and view it there using a locally installed copy of BI. When viewing on the desktop machine, the cpu is usually around 5% or so. The problem appears to be either an issue with the data in the file or the BI player itself...not sure which...but I get the exact same behavior whether I am playing it back on the BI server or by copying the files to another machine and playing them back there.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am recording to BVR, direct to disc. No antivirus or anything on the machine. The CPU usage is usually in the 60-70%. However, I see the same behavior if I copy the BVR to my desktop machine and view it there using a locally installed copy of BI. When viewing on the desktop machine, the cpu is usually around 5% or so. The problem appears to be either an issue with the data in the file or the BI player itself...not sure which...but I get the exact same behavior whether I am playing it back on the BI server or by copying the files to another machine and playing them back there.
what cameras are you using? what OS?

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
what cameras are you using? what OS?
Windows 7 x64 on both machines
ReoLink RLC-410 and HikVision DS-2CD2032-I

I know I'm screwed on the RLCs because they have no way to match the I-Frame to the fps. On the Hiks, I did match them and still see the problem.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

I know I'm screwed on the RLCs because they have no way to match the I-Frame to the fps. On the Hiks, I did match them and still see the problem.
What frame rate?
Did you try unchecking use rtsp/stream timecode?

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
10fps, have unchecked the rtsp/stream timecode.

rmw85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It appears the folder issue being full was my issues. Cleared out some 100 gigs worth and I'm getting better results. I plan on changing some things around to prevent this from happening again.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/10650-4-3-4-April-28-2016
"
  • Many customers have written in about ReoLink's RTSP issues. While we hope ReoLink will eventually release a repaired firmware for RTSP support, in the meantime, many have reported that setting the H.264 encoding to "baseline" in the camera as well as limiting bitrates have made the stream usable. We now have a ReoLink camera here and are researching support for its native format as used by its web interface."

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/10650-4-3-4-April-28-2016
"
  • Many customers have written in about ReoLink's RTSP issues. While we hope ReoLink will eventually release a repaired firmware for RTSP support, in the meantime, many have reported that setting the H.264 encoding to "baseline" in the camera as well as limiting bitrates have made the stream usable. We now have a ReoLink camera here and are researching support for its native format as used by its web interface."
That is good news. Can you explain exactly what setting the H.264 to "baseline" means and also, it mentions limiting the bit rates, limiting them to what value?

Thanks for the update!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That is good news. Can you explain exactly what setting the H.264 to "baseline" means and also, it mentions limiting the bit rates, limiting them to what value?

Thanks for the update!
I have no idea..I would try 4096...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you explain exactly what setting the H.264 to "baseline" means?
its a setting the camera...likely a substream with low resolution but there is only one way to find out...