clip playback not playing mainstream

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I exported a clip and noticed that it was in substream. Even in BI the playback was only substream. However, liveview have no issue with either streams. This seems to be the issue across all of my cameras. Aren't they supposed to be recording the mainstream? All cameras are BVR files and direct to disk.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Depends on how you have it set up to record.

Continuous is 24/7 mainstream

Continuous + triggers is substream until triggered then mainstream and back to substream after trigger is finished.

Are you reviewing a triggered event or an area of the recording that is simply recording substream?

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ahh, good to know.

There's a leak on my pool deck and I'm trying to capture a timelapse of when it happens and where it's coming from. I'll change it to continous.

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
BTW this is what I have it on now should have seen it. wish we do continous main + alerts

1697665896618.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Best to do Cont + triggers as there could be events that you want to see mainstream that AI canceled out as not an alert.

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Best to do Cont + triggers as there could be events that you want to see mainstream that AI canceled out as not an alert.
But that also record sub streams right and only trigger as main?

Just so I understand, cont+ alerts will only alerts is trigger IE: AI confirmed positive. cont+trigger is regardless confirmed positive or not?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is correct - cont + triggers will record substream 24/7 until the camera is triggered then will record mainstream for trigger duration and then back to substream.

Cont+ alerts will record 24/7 substream but will only record mainstream when the alert is confirmed to meet your criteria for an alert and then back to substream.