Clip Export - no option for conversion?

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have an IP cam pointing at our garden. From time to time we like to capture and save clips when one of the pets does something entertaining. Ideally I'd like to select an individual clip from the BI (v4) interface and convert it to mp4, avi or some other universal format (I have the default set to .bvr recording). However I don't see an option on the Move...Export menu to convert the format to mp4 or any other format - it simply exports the .bvr file. Is there any other way of converting an individual clip to another format?

hltljohn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
First you must be viewing the clip.

The clip viewer allows you to edit clips by moving the two markers you see below the position slider--there's a green or "start" point and a red or "stop" point.

To make your edit permanent, click the Convert/Export button that's to the right of the black box or right-click the viewer window and click Convert/Export to remove the video that's both before the start point and after the stop point. You may choose to replace the current video or to create a new one. If you choose to replace, the video is automatically re-opened in the viewer.