Cisco 6930 PTZ Camera

jedwilli

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a series of Cisco Camera Connected to a Blue Iris server. All of my cameras 7030, 6020, and 6930's all work - but periodically they drop the connection - sometimes they reconnect and sometimes I get an RTSP: 431 Session id unauthorized error.

The only way to fix this is to reboot the camera.

Any suggestions on settings I can make to help fix this?

I'm running the latest version of Blue Iris with 64GB RAM and plenty of process. Process sitting at 9% on the Blue Iris Console.

Cameras are running the latest version of Cisco firmware (2.7) as well.

Thanks for your help!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@jedwilli Welcome to the forum! Try increasing the receive buffer to 20mb, video tab>configure
Also any change you are cloning the camera in blue iris?
Are you accessing the camera from any other client?

jedwilli

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply.

I may have cloned the camera from other cameras - very possible. Something I should check with that?

I'll increase the buffer to 20MB and let you know what happens.

I do not access the camera from any other client - I only try to access it through the Blue Iris server (using with Control 4 and the ipad client)

Thanks for your help!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
By cloning i meant adding a second instance of the same camera (some do this for flexibility with certain settings)..does not seem like you are doing this..when cloning its important to insure the credentials are entered properly on both cams or they will both stop working if the one with improper credentials makes the first attempt to connect.

jedwilli

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks again - increasing the receive buffer to 20MB from 1.5MB made all the difference. Is there a way to know what the optimal settings are for the receive buffer or should I just leave it at 20MB as consider it fixed?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks again - increasing the receive buffer to 20MB from 1.5MB made all the difference. Is there a way to know what the optimal settings are for the receive buffer or should I just leave it at 20MB as consider it fixed?
I would leave it at 20...i have not seen any ill effects by doing so..if you wish you can start dropping the number until you see the issue..