Chile Women's Swat Team Competes in UAE Competition

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Having worked in racing for several years, I get the point they try to make when having a team staffed with only female drivers, engineers, mechanics, crew, etc. But historically they always do very poorly, it doesn't matter the series. I am not saying they don't belong in these roles, but passing over someone who may have been more qualified for someone who fits a specific demographic is not the way to be successful.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Got to give them a lot of credit for trying! If they'd made it across, I wonder how well they'd have done on the other challenges.

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Got to give them a lot of credit for trying! If they'd made it across, I wonder how well they'd have done on the other challenges.
Probably not too good. I mean, all they had to do for this challenge was go one at a time. And it took them six minutes to figure that out. :lmao:

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Probably not too good. I mean, all they had to do for this challenge was go one at a time. And it took them six minutes to figure that out. :lmao:
Maybe they'd had little, to zero, zipline experience. I'm sure the other challenges would have been something that they'd trained for.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Wow.

More like the Keystone cops.

No offense meant at all, but this is a good reason why some occupations and roles are better suited to non-women.
I have a buddy who's a firefighter in Toronto. He'd refuse to work on a truck with a woman. Not because he's misogynist but because 99% of woman wouldn't be able to carry him (210+ pounds and very lean) out of a fire or lift a piece of heavy debris off of someone.

But I have met women the in the powerlifting world who could at least give a male firefighter a run for their money if not demonstrate greater strength. But that's by far the exception rather than the rule.