Cheapie ZOSI DVR Main Stream URL

Pogo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone figure one of these out to hang off a Blue Iris server? I bought one to extend the life of some old Swann cams and to play around with one of ZOSIs cheapie 4-in-1 cams to see what they're about. It's one of the 5mp Lite cheapies and about as basic as it gets -- but puts out a remarkable image from the 15 dollar 1080p cam. Surprised the $hit outta me.

Anyway, there don't seem to be any ports open except 554 and an occasional weird one up in the 30 ~ 40k range -- maybe cloaking the other ones for proprietary p2p type remote access? I contacted ZOSI support out of curiosity to see if they could shed any light. I was told these things won't work with anything else except their app and software. BUT, there's still an RTSP server in the mix somewhere providing a stream on 554. There are also a couple web sources for various ZOSI streaming URLs, but way too many to just start pissing up a rope hoping to get lucky.

Out of frustration I also bought one of the similar cheapie Annkes (Hik?) just to see how it fared in comparison. Much better out of the box and plays nice with BI. Just seems limited to 15fps on the network interface for some reason as reported by BI. Smooth as water flowing directly out the HDMI port.

Anyway, any url enlightenment for the ZOSI gratefully welcomed. At $42 w/o a HDD it's a helluva deal if you have some old TVI cams with some life left or just need a cheap 1080p solution for a couple holes.

Pogo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There's always Wireshark, but it's been awhile for me and would take some brushing up to even capture anything.

The Annke isn't bad, but is another 5MP Lite box with all those associated shortcomings..., and another 20 bucks. Was supposed to be a normal box for anything 2MP and below before the "Lite" part kicked in for the higher res cameras. Seems more like 720p is the break point. Disappointed there too.