Cheap China camera no web interface ?

RLD

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a ip cam left over from a failed NVR system from Amazon. The brand name is Canavis. I would like to re-purpose this cam. However if I enter the ip address in a web browser all I get is an error depending what browser I use. I have the correct address as it will show up in the connected device page in the router. Is it possible that this cam has no useable web interface ? Or does anyone have some other way to use this camera.
Thank you in advance

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
yes many cheap cameras do not have web interface

download a program called onvif device manager (search google for it)
then try to get the rtsp address / link so that you can use it in another program.

else see if there is a QR code on the camera and scan it .. it will lead u to a link where u can download an app to control the camera.

Purduephotog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had to dig pretty hard but I ended up finding passwords for a couple of ezvid cameras that didn't have any web interface. Depending on how much work you want to do, find out who makes the camera (really makes the camera) then hunt around on internet for default passwords.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
never heard Canavis brand, but searching the web, it mentioned the Danale app, scanning if available the QR code on the device. Give a try

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
here it mention for pc viewing